Notary Rotary
JG Wentworth
Notary Discussion History

JG Wentworth
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Leslie-Mo on 6/22/05 12:00am
Msg #46704

JG Wentworth

I got a call today for a signing from this company and wasn't familiar with them. At first the rep said it would only be 10-12 notarizations - like he wanted me to accept a really low rate. I told him I wouldn't leave my house for anything less than $65. Then he totally changed his tune and said he was pretty sure he could get me $150 but I wouldn't get paid for 3-4 wks. I finally agreed.

Before the e-docs arrived, the borrower called me to see when I would be coming. I told him I didn't have the docs yet but would call him when I got them. The rep calls back to make sure I have the docs and I asked him where my confirmation is. He acted like he didn't know what one was & asked what info I needed on it. He said he'd get back with me in 5 minutes. After an hour passed and still no confirmation received, I did a search here and saw this companys' horrible reputation for no pays.

I called the company and talked to the reps supv. who also acted like he didn't know what a confirmation is. At this point I really wanted to cancel the whole thing.

Instead I called the borrower back and told him I have the docs but wouldn't come without a confirmation from the company that hired me. I told him that should have been a pretty simple and normal request. By this time, he's thinking this company isn't totally on the up and up and isn't responding the way he thinks they should. He said he definitely wants to hold off a day and check out some other companies. He thinks it's really likely that he won't go with this company.

At this point I'm relieved cause I'm thinking this thing is going to take a long time and has the distinct probability that I wouldn't get paid. If I hear from this company again - I will definitely be previously booked.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/22/05 12:08am
Msg #46706

They owe me over $200 from beginning of year.
Was one of those annuity deals they do. They won't pay as they tell me that the client was responsible for paying me.

The client went with Peachtree Settlements instead. Peachtree Setlement called me, and when I got the confirmation it was the same client. When I went to the client, he said he had decided not to deal with J.G Wentworth, he said they were crooks! I told him that J.G Wentworth had said he was responsible for paying me. He said that he didn't hire me, J.G Wentworth did and they should pay me.

I did get paid from Peachtree.

I will never take a J.G Wentworth again.

Reply by Leslie-Mo on 6/22/05 12:38am
Msg #46708

Sylvia, I saw your post - AFTER I'd agreed to do the signing. I was glad that the borrower decided that the deal sounded kind of fishy to him and he wanted to at least delay the signing a day. It gave me an out. It is hard to try to check out a company you're not familiar with before telling them whether you can/will accept the signing. I try to read the discussions here and at gmn every day but can't remember every companys' reputation.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/22/05 2:52am
Msg #46721

I"m glad this worked out for you, but you didn't need the borrower to change his mind to have "an out". There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling the company back and telling them that you've discovered they have a horrible reputation among notaries for non-payment and that you're not going to do the signing. If it screws up the loan, so be it, that's not your problem. It's just them reaping what they sowed.

I guess it's commendable that you want to honor your word because you accepted the signing, but to willingly go out and do a signing that you know you're very unlikely to receive payment for is extremely foolish and bad business. They're not going to worry about us if they cancel an appointment, why should we worry about them if we give an appointment back?

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/22/05 8:10am
Msg #46743

SylviaFL said: I will never take a J.G Wentworth again.:

No one that reads this should! Everytime they call, folks, tell them:

NO. Not until you pay Sylvia in FL!!!!

That's what I'm saying each time. Smiley For real!

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/22/05 9:25am
Msg #46761

They owe me since April. All you get is the run around. NEVER AGAIN!

Reply by NY Notary on 6/22/05 11:47am
Msg #46813

JG Wentworth.. just don't do it!

They are bad bad bad. No one should work for them.
And if you know anyone who needs a settlement... tell them to go to Peachtree and speak with Georgia. She is awesome and you get paid by Peachtree within a week!

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/22/05 12:45pm
Msg #46837

Re: JG Wentworth.. just don't do it!

What do you mean, go to Peachtree?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.