Just joined this site
Notary Discussion History

Just joined this site
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anne_SoCA on 6/2/05 4:41pm
Msg #41913

Just joined this site

Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I joined the site yesterday and am really glad I found it! I've been reading the posts from the very beginning and I already feel like I've learned quite a bit!

Anne in So Cal

Reply by Markita-MI on 6/2/05 4:46pm
Msg #41916

Hi there Anne. I am so glad that you have joined the site as well. WELCOME! As you've read, there is a lot of fantastic information for the beginner to the expert signing agent. You might even say that any question that you might encounter as a signing agent is listed here in this site---AWESOME huh? Again, welcome, and let the signings begin.

Markita -MI

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/2/05 4:47pm
Msg #41917

where are you located? n/m

Reply by Anne_SoCA on 6/2/05 4:52pm
Msg #41919

Re: where are you located? n/m

I live in Woodland Hills. It's just at the edge of the border between LA and Ventura Counties. You're in San Diego, right? (I've read your posts). I'm heading down there this summer with my husband and son!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/2/05 5:23pm
Msg #41924

Re: where are you located?

That's funny - we want to try to get up to Ventura!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/2/05 5:25pm
Msg #41926

Oops - almost forgot. If you read post 33325 it discusses almost all of the important stuff you will glean from messages 1-33324. Of course then you will miss out on the fun of ISP number investigations and Hugh's search for a big busted gal with a bass boat.

Reply by Anne_SoCA on 6/2/05 6:25pm
Msg #41935

Since I've been reading this site for the past day, I actually came across one of your posts (actually several!) about that particular post. I found it, opened it, copied it into a Word doc and am keeping it for future reference. : )

One thing that's helped me, is I am a homeowner and have copies of previous loan docs, HELOCs and other docs here to refer to. I just read a post about a CitiBank HELOC and my husband and I just did one in March, so I had the docs to look at with regard to the question that was posted!

Thanks!

Reply by ColleenCA on 6/2/05 6:26pm
Msg #41938

Hi Anne! Welcome. I wish you the best of luck. I am located in Ventura County so we are practically neighbors. Anyway, all the best!

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/2/05 7:42pm
Msg #41963

This can't be right. In one day we actually have TWO newbies posting who are making efforts to learn this job before doing it? What's next, a press release about Paris Hilton joining a convent and spurning all material goods?

Anyway, welcome Anne. Glad you're finding a lot of useful info on this site.

Reply by Erma Moreno on 6/2/05 6:54pm
Msg #41948

I also just joined this site and am a new notary. I am reviewing what I can before I go out and try to get work.

Erma_SoCA

Reply by Markita-MI on 6/2/05 7:06pm
Msg #41951

Welcome to you! Browse the old threads and learn. There is great info for everyone....from beginner to advanced to expert. Go get 'em!

Markita-MI

Reply by Rickwca on 6/3/05 12:13am
Msg #42021

I have been telling alot new notaries about this site this week at the National Convention. I am telling them that this very good site to learn about signing agent concerns

Reply by Goode Greiff/HI on 6/3/05 12:29am
Msg #42025

If you just joined, make a note of these people:

CaliNotary is so grouchy it makes your stomach hurt.

BrendaTX is so perky it makes your stomach hurt.

PAW is so knowledgeable it makes your head hurt.

Sylvia_FL is so calm and helpful it makes your heart hurt.

Charm is so lovely it makes your eyes hurt.

CarolynCO is so feisty it makes your adrenalin spurt.

Melody is so droll it makes your laugh hurt.

Ignore everybody else. They're only here to make those above look good by comparison.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/3/05 12:34am
Msg #42027

Woo Hoo!! I'm number one!!!!!!

Reply by missy_socal on 6/3/05 12:55am
Msg #42029

now, Cali....

That was a little exuberant for someone of such acclaimed grouchiness. ;-)

As a pleasant aside...Sylvia actually *phoned* me once when I had a question, just to make sure that I understood completely. Now, whenever I read her posts, I can hear her voice with that lovely accent. Two things that I always wished that I could grow up to have: an exotic accent and dimples.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/3/05 1:42am
Msg #42034

Re: now, Cali....

missy_socal laments:

***Two things that I always wished that I could grow up to have: an exotic accent and dimples.***

Don't have any suggestions about the accent, other than to fake it. The other matter is much simpler. Gain enough weight, and you're bound to develop dimples somewhere, even though they're not visible. I'm living proof.

Reply by missy_socal on 6/3/05 8:49am
Msg #42060

Ha!
Now, why didn't I think of that?

I could always move away from So Cal, instead of faking a suave accent. My parents moved to Oklahoma two years ago, and they're now mysteriously developing their *own* exotic accent.

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/3/05 8:53am
Msg #42061

lol missy...my Chicago Parental units anxiously point out how my accent is taking on a subtle southern tone. I've been here over two years and my daughter (3) is a real southern belle, saying thaaayre instead of there...too cute

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/3/05 1:16am
Msg #42032

Re: Just joined this site - you hit the nail on the head! nm

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.