Notary Rotary
License plate frame
Notary Discussion History

License plate frame
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by maryinsocal on 6/9/05 9:27am
Msg #43453

License plate frame

Any one have a catchy Notary Public license plate frame ?

I want to get one and having trouble with verbage...

My sister is a RN hers reads " nurses call all the shots!"

Examples appriciated!
Thanks

Reply by TN NOtary on 6/9/05 9:31am
Msg #43456

No, But I thought of getting one.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/9/05 12:01pm
Msg #43491

Not getting one because I haven't told my auto insurance company I'm a notary and would be using my car for business. If I were to have an accident and had a license plate frame, I'm afraid my claim could be denied or I would be dropped.

I'm new to this and was waiting to see how business would be before contacting my insurance company and letting them know I was doing it.

Reply by maryinsocal on 6/9/05 12:25pm
Msg #43504

RE: CAR INSURANCE COMPANY

Valid point I guess....
I really don't think having a Notary Public license plate frame would cause the insurance company to have any concerns.
I for one have not told my insurance company I use my car ....why would you? why would they even have to know you were doing business at all? I could get in an accident going to my full time job and I really don't think they would drop me or not pay a claim....
any one care to commment on this ?

Reply by hcampers/fl on 6/9/05 12:34pm
Msg #43507

Re: RE: CAR INSURANCE COMPANY

It is the same as if you are going to a job anywhere. It would be different if you had to transport people in your vehicle. I would call your insurance to make sure about this. I have called mine (USAA) and they said no extra insurance required.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/9/05 1:27pm
Msg #43530

Re: RE: CAR INSURANCE COMPANY

I believe one of the components in calculating car insurance is yearly mileage. If someone says they drive 12,000 miles per year back and forth to work; but it turns out they're putting 24,000 miles per year on their car, the insurance cost would/should be greater.

I had a 450SL which I told the insurance company I would be using for Sunday drives. The insurance for that car was less than my Toyota Corolla based partially on the fact that was my everyday car.

I can see where if someone was in an accident and the insurance adjuster reported that there was some type of notary service advertisement on the vehicle that the insurance company may have some concern. When you're in an accident and the insurance claims adjuster comes out he/she does mark down the mileage on the vehicle. It's one of the things the insurance company wants to know.

Just some food for thought.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 12:41pm
Msg #43511

If your policy states that you don't use your car at all for work or business, only personal use then you might want to check with your insurance co. Better safe than sorry.

Reply by Aniken on 6/9/05 12:56pm
Msg #43516

Here's one

Notaries Expect To Be Paid

or

Notary - Public Servant -- Payment is required.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/9/05 1:30pm
Msg #43532

Another saying...

Notary
Have Pen Will Travel

(for us notaries "West" of the Mississippi)

Reply by HisHughness on 6/9/05 7:47pm
Msg #43647

maryinsocal asks:

***Any one have a catchy Notary Public license plate frame ?***

Notaries Stamp Out Fraud

Reply by maryinsocal on 6/9/05 9:44pm
Msg #43686

Thank you sir....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.