MOBILE UNIT
Notary Discussion History

MOBILE UNIT
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Sharon Munday on 6/30/05 10:48am
Msg #49011

MOBILE UNIT

Hi all,

I'm just reporting back regarding my Mobile Unit I have set up in my SUV. Hooked it all up and everything works great! I'm so tickled about this new feature of availability. But time will tell just how profitable (or not) this will be when I see how many signings I get next month, now that I'm advertising I'm fully MOBILE. Just thought I'd give you an update since I had asked Margaret about her set up that she has.

Reply by Jenni on 6/30/05 12:28pm
Msg #49058

What all do you have in it, and how do you hook it up?

Reply by Merry _CA on 6/30/05 12:41pm
Msg #49064

Jenni,

Read Msg #44007. Lots of great info.

Reply by Tulsa_prlgl on 6/30/05 4:20pm
Msg #49113

I read the previous posts and am very intrigued. I am trying to picture the set up in my head and I have a couple of questions, hopefully you can answer. One-my suv (expedition) is also used for family trips to lake quite often.... can the mobile unit be taken out easily? Or is it something that you should just keep in there because of the hassle. 2, I am sure florida gets hotter than Oklahoma (it is 100 degrees here today) is there ever a worry about overheating the equipment (lol,is that even a valid concern?) and lastly-I have been known to forget that I am in an suv and think that I am racing on the indy 500.... is there any way to "secure" the papers so that they dont, umm, fly all over the vehicle as I am rounding my last lap, or do the documents get printed while you are at a stop. I guess I better get my presentation together before I lay out the grand plan to the better half. lol, his reaction will be priceless!

Thanks in advance!
Christina

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/30/05 5:44pm
Msg #49143

This is my second summer with my mobile unit and no problems with overheating. My SUV has tinted windows. I also have not had any problems of printing while I am driving. The paper stays in the output tray until I take it out. Only problems I have had is when it is rainy or windy. I just ordered a remote control that turns on the power inverter front my drivers seat. This will really help as I have to get out and open the back to turn on the power inverter each time I need to turn on and off. So I will be able to turn it on when I get in the car and turn it off before I get out to go in the house. I have a small power inverter in my other car which is a convertable. I can plug in my laptop and put a small printer in the trunk.

Reply by joe/nc on 6/30/05 6:35pm
Msg #49153

Im curious does the printer have to be laser and If it is is it truly a portable printer. I cant seem to locate one that is portable.

Joe/NC

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/30/05 9:55pm
Msg #49195

What do you mean, Joe? I am not sure I understand about "portable."

I just pick mine up and take it out to the car, printer cord, electrical cord, paper and all.

Reply by Sharon/CA on 6/30/05 9:37pm
Msg #49186

I have a 750 watt inverter which works beautifully with my laser printer I have for my car. I have bought a broadband PC Card from Verizon and it works beautifully as long as I'm in the valley.. which is where the loans are anyway. I live up in the mountains about 1hr east of the valley and reception is very bad there. Anyway so are getting to assignments in them there hills. Lots of curvy treacherous roads only mules should be on much less vehicles. Nights are pitch black no street lights and so on and so on and so on. Anyway.. most of the loan signing work is in the valley and so I'm catering to them folks. Anyway, all of my equipment Lap Top, Inverter, and printer cost just over $1,000.00 for all equipment and it runs beautifully. I have extended warranties on every thing I've purchased. Anyway.. it's been working for me. That's my two cents worth! Hope it helps some!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.