Notary Rotary
My bad/good luck of the day
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 6/16/05 10:36pm
Msg #45393

I had 4 sets of doc to ship today, 2 sealed up with the last envelopes of my supply. I went to a Letter Box store down the street to drop off and they have only letter size envelopes & paks; drove 5 miles to a UPS store, no luck (I use this one often b/c they do have FedEx full service with Saturday pickup).

I did ask the clerk at both stores why they didn't stock legal size envelopes. "Oh! we ship more boxes than envelopes that's probably why", the clerks answered...ARGGGGGGGG. Fifteen minutes til pickup, I have 2 sets of doc without envelopes (Murphy is alive and well).

I am a natural procrastinator only because my brain is at its best when under pressure and meeting deadlines. Ah ha! There is a FAT office down the street (First American Title). Got to FAT, greeted the receptionist with my desparation not only for 2 FedEx legal size envelopes, but to get them ship there as well. I got 2 envelopes for the docs and left them there for pickup.

After a deep breath I gave my card to the receptionist and asked if they will ever need an SA to come in at months end or anytime, I'm willing to do a freebie as a return favor. I just found myself a nitch in marketing my service. But frankly, I have found that I'm in direct competition with some of the local TCs.

Reply by DonnanorthernCA on 6/16/05 11:59pm
Msg #45416

I keep a supply of Fed Ex legal mailers in my car, but I have been unable to get a hold of UPS legal size mailers. The UPS guy told me that he can't get them eihter and to just use the FedEx mailers but make sure that I have the UPS label on it.

Reply by Nd_WA on 6/17/05 1:35am
Msg #45435

UPS legal size

If You have registered for a UPS account you can get supplies for free by ordering them on their website, the same with FedEx. Nice thing about UPS is they have blank label (2 on a full sheet) so you can print then stick it on the envelope instead of using a pouch.

I ordered 125 FedEx legal back in September and thought they would last me awhile, I have 200 ordered Tuesday. My signings have picked up quite a bit over the last 3 months. Last month average 1.2/day, 12 for June as of today not counting 2 already scheduled for Saturday, and 4 turned down b/c they couldn't meet my fee.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/17/05 1:39am
Msg #45436

===But frankly, I have found that I'm in direct competition with some of the local TCs.===

Yep...me too Nd.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/17/05 11:15am
Msg #45505

Huh? How are we competition for Title Companies? n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/17/05 12:20pm
Msg #45534

Re: Huh? How are we competition for Title Companies? n/m

I was wondering the same thing and thought I had missed something.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.