Notary Rotary
NASCO
Notary Discussion History

NASCO
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 7:07am
Msg #48400

NASCO

Has anyone been requested to do a resign of documents for a signing that happened over a month ago?

I have had two requests lately and spent a good amount of time contacting Nasco to get paid trip fees.

These were not Notary errors, they lost the paperwork once it got to NASCO and now they are trying to say I never sent it. ***BS****

I also told them that I have not done a Citibank for NASCO in a month and that the CITIBANK Helocs in my area are being done by 4 other title companies. I know this because I researched the court records to find out who was doing the CITIBANK's. She was speechless. I was told in April by 3 brokers and a Citibank Rep that they were losing the business in this area. They are still doing CITIBANK loans, just not the volume. Probably because they could not handle the huge volume.

When I make a mistake I will be the first to admit it. I am highly insulted to be blamed for something I did not do.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/28/05 7:24am
Msg #48401

Now...why would a successful NSA who has signed hundreds of loans just all of a sudden not send in the complete set of docs for two packages? Ridiculous.

Reply by IL-Not on 6/28/05 8:01am
Msg #48405

Re: Yes, Margaret...NASCO

The same exact thing happened to me. I did 2 clips for Nasco in one night on March 29. They are 10 pages each. Sent them both back together. I got paid for one a few weeks after. I waited patiently for the other check, i know sometimes they come staggered. After 6 weeks i called and they said they never got the paper work. Impossible, if they got the other one! I trakced it myself and sent them the FEDEX info. After several calls and several emails, I got a check YESTERDAY for that march closing.

My citibank heloc business has come to a screaching halt. I was doing them for 2 title co.s. I'm not sure what is going on with them.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 10:01am
Msg #48429

In my county I can go online and pull up all Mortgages for Citibank or any lender. You then pull up all the loans from 6/1/05 to 6/27/05. It will show you all the mortgages recorded on those dates, usually for the loan signed the month before. All the ones I pulled up that were signed in June are not Nasco. Prior to 6/1 they were Nasco, now they are 4 different title companies doing the Citibanks. Do your research for your counties and then call the title companies and sign up with them. At the top of each Mortgage is stamped the title company with address and sometimes the phone number. One of the title companies doing my county is from Texas

Reply by IL-Not on 6/28/05 11:13am
Msg #48449

Thank You Re: Yes, Margaret...NASCO n//m

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/28/05 11:35am
Msg #48462

How do you pull up mortgages online? I didn't know it is possible. TIA

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 11:40am
Msg #48467

Do a search for the Courthouse for your county/state and go to public records, you can pull up judgements, leins, etc and a mortgage if a public record. I use the property appraisers office online all the time to find my HUD foreclosure properties that are vacant and no one to call. I am very internet savy and I get a lot of work because I can do a lot of reseach online. Call your city courthouse and ask them to help you or give you the website. Give me your city and I could probably find it for you.

Reply by MISTY ROGERS on 6/28/05 1:12pm
Msg #48498

Great information!

Thanks for that excellent advice. My queston is this: when I pull up that page in Charlotte County, it asks for the doc type, and you may choose from around 50: They are abbreviated in 2 or 3 letter choices Like (AAS, DO.SUJ and one option is service) Do you have any recommendation as to which type (in abbreviated fashion) I should look for?
thanks so much for sharing this info with us. I am not a newbie and this is a new method of mktg for me, and greatly appreciated!

Reply by ColleenCA on 6/28/05 1:22pm
Msg #48500

Re: I tried it too, but.....

only the names on the deed came up, there was no information on the tc. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 1:26pm
Msg #48502

Our county allows you to do a search by Lender or borrower name

Reply by ColleenCA on 6/28/05 1:32pm
Msg #48506

Re: Thanks, it allows a field to type in Citibank, but...

then it only comes up with the bo's names. Oh well, thanks for the info anyway.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 1:28pm
Msg #48503

Here is my link so you can see what it looks like, pull up a couple of mortages

http://205.173.32.5/OnCoreWeb/Search.aspx

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 1:25pm
Msg #48501

Re: Great information!

Mine gives me a selection and I pick Mtg for mortgage

Reply by kity2318 on 6/28/05 2:39pm
Msg #48528

I have a question.. how do you find out when a loan closed?

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 10:13am
Msg #48432

Your right it is ridiculous. I had one where the borrower was a CPA and we did it in his office, his wife came and his secretary witnessed a few documents. I already had the fedex envelope ready, I triple checked right there. He photocopied the signed package and it went right in the fedex envelope right then.
I dropped it in a box outside his office building. When I called him about the resign, he pulled his copies and faxed them to me. They said I did not get the Affidavit of No Liens, The Affivavit of Continuous Marriage and the Anti-Coercion Insurance Statement. This is total BS and I will not do another one. Thankfully I got a check today for everything they who me except for these trip fees they owe me. One resign I had to go to twice because the wife was a nurse and was supposed to get off but had to work overtime and she did not have time to call me or her husband to let us know she could not come. So I went back the next day and she was late and I had to wait 30 minutes.

Reply by Allison Maxwell on 6/28/05 8:23am
Msg #48412

Re: NASCO - citibank

That is the main lender that I get assignments from with NASCO. I've done about 8 this month already.

allison

Reply by IL-Not on 6/28/05 8:27am
Msg #48413

You are lucky Allison! I was doing about 10 a month. I've done 2 in June and none since June 8.

Reply by Paul/MD on 6/28/05 8:49am
Msg #48417

Margaret,

I'm glad you made this posting. I was dumbfounded when I received the same call and I had no clue as to what they were talking about. First I was told that the docs were not returned, (deal was closed 5/26 - I was called 6/24), I went to my records, found the Fedex # and confirmed they received it the next day. I emailed the gal that called me with the info, then she said she found the docs, but they were missing signatures, what?? All of a sudden I get a fax with one sheet titled "closing instructions" saying that I can fax this to the borrower and have them sign an return it -- even a faxed signature would be accepted.

I have a problem with doing all this BS work that doesn't even involve me..... but I did forward it to the borrower and they faxed it back to me with signatures and I faxed it to NASCO.

Reply by J in CA on 6/28/05 10:39am
Msg #48440

Re: NASCO - citibank-recruitment call!

I have been working for NASCO for two years, doing Citibank loans. Yesterday I got a call from them, asking me to do a Chase loan, and then she asked if I would like to work for the company, as it was a recruitment call also. I told her I was already working for them. Apparantly, they had lost my information! What the heck????
Anyway she just called again, and made some feeble explanation for what happened. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for them to send confirmation of the job I accepted.
I have also had trouble with payments being incorrect, or not coming at all, and having to e-mail them about it.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/28/05 5:40pm
Msg #48586

SAME! I got an email today...

stating I didn't get a form signed. Sorry, NASCO, I pulled up the package and it wasn't in there!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 6:35pm
Msg #48600

Re: SAME! I got an email today...

I keep my edocs for about 3 months, then I delete. Just in case they said the document was in the package.

Reply by Jenni on 6/28/05 10:22am
Msg #48434

What about the tracking number? UPS or FEDEX n/m

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 10:39am
Msg #48438

Re: What about the tracking number? UPS or FEDEX n/m

The tracking number does not prove anything. Only that you sent an envelope, the envelope could be empty. Or as they say, missing those documents. I gave them tracking numbers, they say they got the package, just not those documents. How can I prove it?

Reply by Il-Not on 6/28/05 11:12am
Msg #48448

To Margaret - Nasco email contact

Have you tried this contact at Nasco - [e-mail address]

He's the guy I got answers from.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 11:34am
Msg #48461

Re: To Margaret - Nasco email contact

No, I have only emailed Barbara Orbin, Thanks

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 6/28/05 11:36am
Msg #48464

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 6/28/05 11:40am
Msg #48466

Sorry
Here is one i got yesterday.
Beverly E. Dean
Scheduling and Closing Coordinator
Chase Team
1-800-920-0050 EXT# 8526
Fax 1-866-802-8512

Reply by Joyce/Fl on 6/28/05 3:46pm
Msg #48547

Barbara Orbin is no longer the contact for trip fees and e-doc fees. Traci Sekora is the contact. E-mail her at [e-mail address]. I miss the work from Nasco. I have never had a problem with them. At one point they gave me high volume....and the times they needed me to do something extra was minimal.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/28/05 4:26pm
Msg #48561

Thanks Joyce, I emailed Barry Steede in Accounts Payable and he forward my email to Traci Sekora and he sent me a CC:

I never ahd any problems with NASCO until now. They have even called me at 7:45am for a 9:00am signing that I printed edocs in my car and drove 1 hour and made it to the signing with 2 minutes to spare.

I have had a few problems with edocs getting to me in time for the appointments and with wrongs dates, misspelled names, wifes or husbands names being left off. But all these problems were only in the last 3 months.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.