Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
NEED ADVISE ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS CRAZY SITUATION!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by FL Notary on 6/24/05 10:41am
Msg #47437

I did a signing on 6/20. Got a call that they wanted me to go back out and get some corrections. I received an email back on a HUD that needed signatures and right to cancel with the dates changed. I remember that she asked me to remove the fax transmittal from the bottom of the HUD before having the Borrowers sign. She told me that the court house or someone wouldn't accept it if that was on there.

So I am printing it off to go back out and I started looking at this HUD thinking why would I have missed two signatures. This is odd. So I call back to SS and ask them to fax over what I sent back to them. She said that she doesn't have it the title company does. I asked her for their #. She asked me why I wanted to call their client. I said that I just wanted to get them to send a copy of my mistake so that I could learn from the situation. She then said that she thinks it was just an issue that they needed to have a copy without the fax transmittal at the bottom. So I ask if they are going to pay for me to go back out. She said she will check and see what they can pay & call back. So when she calls me back, she said it was an issue that they were not signed at all by the Borrower's (so there is nothing to fax me!!).

So I reluctantly agree thinking that this is my mistake. Should I tell her that I am going back out using the same document that was sent to me. I think she will respond saying that no we still need you to white out the fax copy and make a clean copy so it's not at the bottom.

YOU'RE COMMENTS ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS ARE GREATLY APPREATED.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/24/05 11:08am
Msg #47445

Sounds like they changed something during the RTC period

This is common. Borrower's don't like the fees. Sign all the docs, but then have their lender change some things during the recission period. New hud gets signed as well as an RTC. I've done this quite a few times-they should definitely pay you for the 2nd trip. Don't let them trick you into thinking it was your fault. SS will do this. They charge the lender for the extra trip, but won't pay you for it.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/24/05 11:14am
Msg #47446

and if they are saying that it's your fault...

Tell them you will not go back out until you see the original HUD. Were they initially edocs? because if you still have them in your email you can look and see that the two docs. are different.

SS tried to do this to me the other day. Said I didn't notarize something. I said send me the form. They did. It was not notarized and there was no way I would have missed it. I pulled up the original package and the doc wasn't there. They had sent it to the borrower later and she fed ex'd it back w/o getting it notarized. They'll screw you if they can. Believe me.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/24/05 11:15am
Msg #47447

I am in NY not Florida. But as far as I know a hud is never recorded with the clerk, so that is not the issue. What dates do they want you to change on the Notice of Right to Cancel??? That's a no-no. When you originally printed out the HUD the first time did you remove the fax tramission data at that time and if you did what is the issue? My guess and a guess only is sometime the numbers change within the recission period for one reason or another (incorrect payoffs, taxes etc.) and the title company gets a new one signed before the loan funds. If signed on 6/20 this would be funding today. But you shouldn't have to go out and get the signs on these if you can recall that you did get signs the first time. The title company just needs to fax these to customer and have them fax back and send original back in mail. I think someone is pulling your chain. Try to get the real reason for the resign and REDATE OF NORTC. Hope this helps.

Reply by FL Notary on 6/24/05 11:19am
Msg #47448

This was her email she sent to me.

Please be sure to print out these 4 pages and have them signed correctly....ALSO PLEASE CAREFULLY CUTOFF THE TOPS AND BOTTOMS WHERE FAX HEADLINES MAY BE SHOWN*

Reply by FL Notary on 6/24/05 11:20am
Msg #47449

ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION/NEVER WORKED WITH THIS SS

Reply by Woody on 6/24/05 11:22am
Msg #47450

What SS is it?

Sounds like you're getting hosed... be carefull!

Reply by FL Notary on 6/24/05 11:24am
Msg #47452

Re: What SS is it?

DCI- Document Closers

Reply by FL Notary on 6/24/05 11:28am
Msg #47455

There is negative stuff about getting paid and avoiding them

Do I have to go back?

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/24/05 11:29am
Msg #47456

Go back if you can get another confirmation with you fee. nt

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/24/05 11:30am
Msg #47457

Re: What SS is it?

I they can't prove to you via a fax that you did not have the original HUD signed at closing, this is not your error and I would tell them to pound salt. If you can recall that you double checked docs and signatures were on HUD you are not at fault. Again, if a new HUD needs to be resigned due to other issues the Title Co. can accomplish this without your intervention. Someone is being lazy and blaming you. Unless of course you did not obtain signs and in that case I would obtain for them due to error.

Reply by Glena/NV on 6/24/05 11:38am
Msg #47459

I would insist to have them fax the docs back to me...

or no go. If you have done this many times before, you know that these documents can't be missed. I think that they just wanted these documents resigned and get it done for free. I will not go back unless I have the copies faxed to me. Make sure that when they fax it to you, the fax transmittal is at the bottom or it will not be the same form. Good luck to you!

Reply by FL Notary on 6/24/05 11:46am
Msg #47461

I JUST TALKED TO THEM!!!!

I figured out what was done. I noticed this and it jogged my memory. The new RTC & the TIL have the non borrowing spouses name typed in manually on the new copies that were sent over to me. Not my problem if they didn't have it on the original docs. So I called them and told them that I'm not going back out. She said you mean unless we pay you a fee? I said no I am not going out at all. It was deceptive in the way it was presented and I am not going back and I want to make sure that I am being paid for the work I performed because I had the docs properly signed. SHE PUT ME ON HOLD THEN CAME BACK AND HUNG UP THE PHONE!!!!

Reply by Woody on 6/24/05 12:12pm
Msg #47465

Re: I JUST TALKED TO THEM!!!!

Wow... what a b i itch! They hate it when they can't get one over on you!

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/24/05 12:13pm
Msg #47466

Re: I JUST TALKED TO THEM!!!!

Stand your ground and make them tell the truth, cause as you see they will take advantage. When a company handles something this way it says everything about who they are. Good ridance.

Reply by Woody on 6/24/05 12:17pm
Msg #47469

Avoid List Nominee

And the award goes to - DCI. They just made my avoid list. I wont be taking any signings from them. Thank you!

Reply by FL Notary on 6/24/05 12:22pm
Msg #47470

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS LADIES AND GENTS!

I know I can count on all of you when the going get tough!

Asta la vista DCI! (I'll probably never see a check on that one)!!!

Reply by Anonymous on 6/24/05 12:26pm
Msg #47473

Re: THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS LADIES AND GENTS!

From what I can gather you may have had problems with DCI regardless. They have a reputation for no pay/slow pay...

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 6/24/05 12:49pm
Msg #47482

Did you get the non borrowing spouse to sign the docs even though their names weren't pre-printed on these documents? If so that isn't a big problem and usually doesn't require a re-sign. Sounds like this company is using it as a "reason" for not paying you. How convenient, I bet they do this all the time.

BTW: Neither the HUD nor the RTC get recorded at the County Clerks office regardless of what state you are in. These are federally regulated documents.

Reply by Victoria/FL on 6/24/05 1:21pm
Msg #47489

Typically the non-borrowing spouse does not sign the HUD. Only the mortgage, RTC, TIL and title docs. Sounds like they are trying to make you do their work without paying you.

I recently had a similar situation, and went out and had the document signed (although it was TC error), but only because this was a new SS that had the potential to give me more business - which they did.

Good luck!

Reply by JPG_CA on 6/24/05 1:55pm
Msg #47497

I would insist on get payment. And keep us updated every week to create a lot of post in this website, so when people log on to check on SS they will see that somebody had a lot of trouble with this specific SS. Make sure you type the SS Name in the subject box so more people know who they are and how they do business.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/24/05 2:08pm
Msg #47500

I don't think we really need a weekly update. Can you imagine how this board would look if everybody did that?

Reply by Barry Silver on 6/24/05 11:16pm
Msg #47646

As far as I know, backdating is illegal in all states. I advise against it!

Did you review the docs before you left the borrowers' home?

Did you review the docs before you sent them out? Something seems odd here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.