Notary Rotary
New Notary
Notary Discussion History

New Notary
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Chanera Cotlage on 6/27/05 2:22pm
Msg #48202

New Notary

I'm new to the game and need some type of directions in where to find work. I have posted my service on all free sites and even in my building I work at. I'm in the Miracle Mill area and it seems like everybody has their own Notary and don't need my service.

How do yall do it?????

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 6/27/05 2:26pm
Msg #48204

First off, post the state that you are commisiioned in

Second, start with reading message 33325

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/27/05 2:46pm
Msg #48215

Would that be the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles on Wilshire Blvd?

Reply by Sam I am on 6/27/05 4:55pm
Msg #48244

**Signatures $8.00 w/max of 10 signatures Loan Doc $125.00**

I just copied this off of your profile. Do you charge $8 per notarized signature up to $80? Do you charge $125 for any type of loan document? What if it needs more than 8 notarizations? What about an Ameriquest package that is being sent via e-docs with a piggy-back loan? I'm confused!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/27/05 7:53pm
Msg #48302

There are not many companies out there that would pay $125 per loan signing to a new notary. No signing companies that I know of pay that, and you really need some experience before soliciting title companies.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/27/05 8:40pm
Msg #48321

I'll second what the others said; if you expect to get $125 per loan signing in Los Angeles, especially as a brand new notary, you're bound to be sorely disappointed. $50 is more like it.

The reason it seems like nobody needs your service is because, well, nobody really does. There are an insane amount of notaries in Los Angeles already. Sorry to say, but you came into the signing game too late. That doesn't mean it's impossible for you to get work, but it's likely that it'll take a very long time for things to get rolling, if they do at all. All of the services you've signed up with already have a large pool of Los Angeles notaries to choose from, whose work they're already familiar with. You'll basically go to the bottom of the list and get called when none of the others are available.

Good luck, but the reality is that it might be better for you to cut your losses early.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 6/27/05 8:51pm
Msg #48325

I can't argue with that - except to say that unless you have some really, REALLY good connections in the real estate field, or you work your hinny off, or you have a better widget to sell, don't expect more than what you've received.

I'm so flippin connected it's not even funny, and I'm happy with my 6/7 signings a month (after hours and weekends). Granted I don't need this income now...but in the future I will want it all - so I'm laying the groundwork early. Nobody is better able than me, I have credentials up the ying-yang, and yet...I get 6/7 a month. So, friend, unless you are better, more equipped, more experienced, and 'get it' when it comes to being self-employed...don't quit your day job yet.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.