Notary Rotary
Non Paying Companies
Notary Discussion History

Non Paying Companies
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by MaggieMae_CA on 6/21/05 8:23pm
Msg #46653

Non Paying Companies

I know that people do a lot of venting on here about companies that don't pay or are slow payers. Erna (I think it was Erna) said she contacted the BBB about SOX and that according to BBB, they have a good rating with BBB.

People, instead of venting on here or telling others "I told ya so, you deserve not to get paid when there are dozens of postings about a company not paying," why don't you invest in a 37 cent stamp and write a complaint to the BBB.

I've read here dozens of times where people would like to see these companies put out of business. Then put them out of business, write to the BBB and the Banking Commission (mortgage companies/banks/mortgage brokers), about the dealings you're having with these various companies.

Reply by BG on 6/21/05 8:27pm
Msg #46656

Can or will the Banking Commission do anything about Signing Companies? As long as they get paid by the Title Company and/or Lender, then the Lender/Title Company has fulfilled their obligation. Isn't that correct? It sure would be great to have that leverage with Signing Companies.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/21/05 8:30pm
Msg #46658

Banking Commission won't do anything as far as the signing services. That's why I put (mortgage companies/brokers/banks) in paren to indicate the Banking Commission was the right place to go for those businesses. With the SSs it's the BBB, perhaps the Chamber of Commerce in the respective area the business is located.

Reply by stamper_WI on 6/21/05 8:31pm
Msg #46660

I was told just last week by a title company that as long as they have paid the SS they are not in violation of RESPA. Think about that...many SS are a "Branch" of these same Title Co's..often the SS persons desk is in the same room or office. Its called a loophole.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 6/21/05 8:28pm
Msg #46657

But does the few amount of complaints they may get really make a difference? How can it put them out of business? Do we send our complaint to the BBB in the city where the company located?

Reply by stamper_WI on 6/21/05 8:33pm
Msg #46661

Yes and lay the trail out for them ..who hired who etc

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/22/05 2:06am
Msg #46713

I still say that each time the Notary is not paid for the service rendered, the notary should write a letter of complaint to the State Attorney General of the notary's state as well as the state in which the SS conducts business.

When enough complaints go in to these offices, an investigation will ensue, and the SS's who are acting/behaving in a deceitful manner may straighten out their acts.

Reply by Dogmonger on 6/22/05 9:44am
Msg #46770

If they won't listen to people who have been stiffed

what makes you believe they will look up a companies rating on BBB. Less than a month ago, SOX posted on this board about, new ownership, new payment policies, Blah, Blah, Blah, and at least a half a dozen folks lined up and scolded people for not giving them chance. They had been paid, and they will continue to give them a chance. Now some of the same folks are complaining that they are being ignored, that fees are being changed after the fact. This is the exact MO this company has had for years. Sometimes some folks cannot be protected from themselves until they expierience getting burned.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.