Notary Rotary
Notary Connection
Notary Discussion History

Notary Connection
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/21/05 7:54pm
Msg #46632

Notary Connection

Does anybody know? What base fee will Notary Connection not accept.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/21/05 7:56pm
Msg #46634

Why not just ask them what the max they pay is? That's the simplest answer to any of the fee questions on here.

Reply by Paula Batson on 6/21/05 8:02pm
Msg #46640

I signed up with them over the internet and I wasn't sure what base fee to quote. I thought if I quote too high they would not call me.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/21/05 8:09pm
Msg #46646

Good Suggestion Cali...

but I think most people feel they're not going to get an honest answer from the SS if they ask straight out. I think people ask on here thinking someone will tell them and than that's what they will ask for.

A couple of reasons why this doesn't work; first, I've learned many times it depends on the lender and what the max is with that lender. Someone might be able to get $150 from a SS because that's the cap of one lender but only $50 from another lender. Also depends on how desperate the SS is for a notary. If it's zero dark thirty and the loan must close NOW, you may be able to get two times the amount the lender normally would pay. Location, location, location! If you're the only notary in the area and there's nobody else around, that can influence how much you're paid. If you're in middle America a fee may be at one price, but on the West coast another.

Lots of stuff goes into it. Cali is right, be brave and take the direct approach and ask what is the maximum fee authorized. If it doesn't meet your requirement, don't take it; pass on it and let them find another signing agent.

Reply by BP/WV on 6/21/05 10:47pm
Msg #46686

I received a call from thiem last week to do a signing 52 miles away from me, and they only offered $50.00. I was told that this was their "standard fee". I declined the order and received a phone call about 25 minutes later for $75.00 (this included EDOCS). I will only go 25 miles for that amount so I told her for that amount the borrowers would have to meet me on the side of Interstate 79. Needless to say.... she never called back

Reply by Anonymous on 6/22/05 11:05am
Msg #46802

you are better that she didn't call you back

Reply by Anonymous on 6/22/05 5:43pm
Msg #46923

Thank you for that advice.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.