Notary Rotary
Notary Signing Services - Ohio
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Pete_NY on 6/20/05 9:08pm
Msg #46317

I recently received a call from them. I would like to know if anyone is familiar with this company and if so, what was your experience? Thank you.

Reply by Teasa Octavia Mahar on 6/21/05 6:56am
Msg #46412

I believe that is Barb at NSS in Ohio. $50 company. She is nice but I told her recently that I wouldn't sign for $50. She reluctently gave me $75 for local overnight doc signing as she couldn't seem to get anyone else to accept $50 and I had a slot open. Pays within 2 months.

Reply by Pete_NY on 6/21/05 10:05am
Msg #46481

Hi Teasa. Thanks for the info. I got a call from them out of the blue but couldn't take it since I was out of town. I hesitate to do any signings for a SS that I don't know anything about and have never signed on with. I'm particularly cautious after reading through a lot of these threads and hearing what so many notaries are going through when trying to get paid. I guess it's just trial and error. NSS got my name out of Notary Rotary. I see from your profile that you are in Syracuse. I grew up in Fayetteville and went to SU and then moved to Atlanta. Now I'm in the throes of moving part time to NYC. I miss the summers up there when it's unbelievably hot in Atlanta. Hope you have a nice day.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/21/05 10:42am
Msg #46503

Fayetteville is beautiful. What will you be doing in NYC, my favorite place in the world. Was there for Memorial weekend. Never run out of things to do. I now work for very few signing cos.,just the ones I have a long term relationship with and know will negotiate with me. But when you start out they are the only way to cut your teeth. This board is invaluable with info and whom to avoid. I have been burned in the past but of course time and experience takes care of that. It is unfortunate but the mortgage business in general can be brutal but that is the way we have chosen to make a living so just try to avoid the land mines when you can. If I can help in any way let me know. Good luck to you. Again, NSS will pay, may be low pay and a bit late but will pay.

Reply by Pete_NY on 6/21/05 11:34am
Msg #46509

I'm heading up to NYC for a couple of reasons. First the signing oppty's in GA have gone away because we are now an attorney state. I can only do out of state properties now. We have a lot of people here in Atlanta that have second homes in FL. Second my fiancee lives in NY and since she's already paying on her apartment, I thought I'd try to develop some business up there. So I'm thinking of contacting the local title cos., etc. along with hopefully finding one or two signing cos. that might have a lot of business in NYC. My feeling is that if an unknown SS calls me, I might do one signing with them and see how they pay. I don't want to get stuck with them owing me a ton of $ like some of the notaries I'm reading about have happen to them. BTW, my e-mail is [e-mail address] which might be easier than always checking here at NR. Thank you for offering assistance. I'll try to do the same. Pete

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.