Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
One more job to go and.........(Newbie advice, kind of)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca/FL on 6/30/05 8:48pm
Msg #49174

I'll be off cruising for 2 1/2 weeks down the east coast of Florida & possibly to the keys.

I love what I do and decided to get into it for two reasons; I can't stand a 9-5 (or working for attys) and I wanted to be able to take off with my SO on his boat when I wanted to. I enjoy the the people I meet everyday, the relationships I've made along the way and the camaraderie I feel with my fellow NotRots.

To the new ones, IF you really want it and are able to starve for a year (like I did) keep working hard and giving 100% always - people will notice. Become a commodity to the SS's, TC's and Notaries in your area and refer GOOD Notaries on a regular basis. People WILL remember that you were helpful and will want to work with you. Know your job and your Notary laws inside and out. Double & triple check your work, perform flawless closings and your business will grow. DO NOT give up!!!! Work hard, be fair and honest and always treat each and every job with the same care and diligence you would expect to receive.

Sometimes it seems like it will never happen, but just then, it does. I was 2 months from giving up when, WHAM, it happened. I've been busy ever since and I never turn down a job without referring another notary in my "little network." (thanks Sylvia & Anita for covering, you two are the best.) We are all in this together, we CAN dictate the fees for our area if we work together.

Okay, feeling a little emotional now, I guess it's the anticipation of withdrawal. I will NOT be taking my computer on my trip - oh, what a trip it will be. I'll miss you guys (you know who you are) and you have my cell number. So, if you would like to hear how lovely the weather is in So. Florida, give me a call, I'd love to hear from you.

Please call, I'm going to miss y'all!!

Becca

P.S. I plan on a trip to TX in September and look forward to meeting a couple of you! (Not taking the boat, though.)

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/30/05 9:17pm
Msg #49181

**P.S. I plan on a trip to TX in September and look forward to meeting a couple of you! (Not taking the boat, though.)**

Well, we'll just have to plan a hoedown...we'll drink Lone Star, pitch horseshoes and cook like there's an army a-comin'.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/30/05 9:26pm
Msg #49182

MmmMmm - I can taste it now! Noth'in like Texas BBQ.

What about Dominoes? Can I bring my Dog?

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/30/05 9:50pm
Msg #49191

Dominoes - yes, I prefer 42. None of that "chicken" dominoes stuff!

Dog? Definitely!

Behind every successful, unmarried, and tough-minded woman
is a very fine dog or two...or maybe one exceptional house cat...or a combination of these loyal friends living together.

It's amazing what can be achieved when "the greeter" at home's door is absolutely thrilled out of her mind to see you approach.

All that positive dog-wiggling energy is 100% pure love and devotion.

My late husband was very nice to me and a lot of fun, but I don't recall that he ever ran to the door and barked at my arrival...and I don't remember him wiggling like the dog does. Right now, the wiggling suits my life the best.

Of course, you must bring your dog.

Reply by Maria Espinoza on 6/30/05 9:30pm
Msg #49184

from san diego -new notary- good to hear- have a great time.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/1/05 7:47am
Msg #49268

That's great...have a wonderful vacation !
I can't wait til the 18th...we are going to Gulf Shores for a week of beach and seeeefood...
I need the ocean and my snorkel !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.