Notary Rotary
Payment Methods
Notary Discussion History

Payment Methods
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by MDNotary on 6/7/05 12:09am
Msg #42861

Payment Methods

What form of payment do you guys accept? Has anyone used PayPal and/or any other electronic forms of payment?

Sherri

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 6/7/05 6:45am
Msg #42885

Payment Method

As a Notary Signing Agent: I accept checks within 35 days. Interest charged after 60 days.

As a Notary Public: Cash or check at the time of transaction. CT Notaries are allowed to charge a Maximum of $5 per notarization. Most people pay cash.

Reply by BeccaWI on 6/7/05 6:47am
Msg #42886

Bobbi

If you receive a check after the 60 days with no interest, do you go after the rest or do you let it go?

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 6/7/05 10:26am
Msg #42916

I go after the rest ...

or let it go depending on the volume of work from the company and my relationship with them.

It's an individual decision based on your relationship with the company. Also, it is very difficult to collect the interest if the company has already sent you the check without the interest.

Decisions: How much time spent to collect X interest? Is it worth it? Do I want to continue to do business with this company? The next time a scheduler calls do I accept the assignment? If I accept the assignment, do I increase my fee based on previous "issues" with this company?

Reply by Mistarella on 6/7/05 11:04am
Msg #42928

FYI Bobbi

You may not realize this, but if the company you ae trying to collect interest from hasn't agreed to interest, it is uncollectable in the courts. A meeting of the minds must occur, meaning they have had to agree (usually in writing) that they will pay interest after 60 days.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 6/7/05 11:58am
Msg #42940

Interest ...

It depends on your state, the contract laws in your state, etc.

It is a Arguable point.

The amount that is legally collectible or not collectible depends on individual factors ... and who plays a better game of poker.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 6/7/05 3:16pm
Msg #42988

Re: FYI Bobbi

Correct the court will throw out all interest and finance charges first.

Reply by Sherri McDonald on 6/7/05 2:18pm
Msg #42976

Re: Payment Method

Thanks!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/7/05 10:28am
Msg #42919

The fee deducted by PayPal (and any credit card co. for that matter) can be quite a chunk of change. I prefer cash, money order and checks.

Reply by Kim_NJ on 6/7/05 11:48am
Msg #42934

Cash, money order, or certified bank check for regular mobile notary work. Business checks for SA work.

Reply by Sherri McDonald on 6/7/05 2:20pm
Msg #42977

Thanks for the feedback!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.