Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Pet Peeves...a couple of new situations I don't like...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 6/10/05 6:55am
Msg #43734

(1)
For one title company, I get packages which say: There is one copy enclosed. Please ask the borrower if they want their signed copies emailed to them or sent post-signing in hard copy. There is only one copy of the RTC.

I always make the needed copies of that document, plus the DOT, note and HUD before I go so they get their RTC copies, plus if they make a mistake on signature on the NOTE or DOT I want to be able swap out the signature page and have a perfect signing.

(2)
One place has started sending me duplicate signature pages for the DOT and ack. I go ahead and copy the entire DOT and let them execute the DOT in duplicate.

Both of the above situations are from reputable lenders/title co's which make me believe this is more about laziness than something sinister. No "Chicken Little . . .sky is falling" mentality here...however, I have done enough signings that I know that certain things in the field like no copies can be a problem, and I don't attach my acks to a clearly incomplete document which for instance says page 9 of 10, with ack on 10 of 10. The former has the name of the document on the bottom of the signature page and ack so it's not so they can attach it to another document.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/10/05 6:56am
Msg #43735

And, BTW, I have permission to do the above "at my own expense." Therefore, not practicing law, not claiming to know anything except how to notarize...etc. etc.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/10/05 8:06am
Msg #43746

Agreed! Lazy, sloppy or just plain taking advantage of us.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/10/05 11:01am
Msg #43783

Re: Either no copies or ...

Yesterday I had NINE copies of the RTC for EACH borrower. Borrower was already on the phone with LO for replacement HUD and commented on the number of RTCs. Borrower was told that he agreed that the number was excessive, but that each had better be signed -- just in case. This was my POA signing. Borrower was not happy at all with the number of times he had to sign the SAME doc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.