Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by GRAMMY824 on 6/6/05 4:28pm
Msg #42723

REQUEST FOR NOTICE

Sorry, I hit the enter tab too soon. Anyway, as I was asking:
REQUEST FOR NOTICE
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
COUNTY OF ___________

IN ACCORDANCE with the provisions of G.S. 45-21.17A, request is hereby made that a copy of any Notice of Sale under the Deed of Trust recorded on ____________________, in Book _________, Page ____________ records of _____________ County, North Carolina, executed by __________ as Trustor, in which _______________ is named as Beneficiary, and Madeupname Jones, as Trustee, be mailed to BlaBla City Bank at the following address:

BlaBla City Bank
4500 City Road
Camden, OH 05678

_____________________ (SEAL)
(Name of Individual Making Request)

and then at the bottom is the notary information to be filled in. Who completes the top portion? What would I be notarizing?

Reply by CAtitlegal on 6/6/05 5:19pm
Msg #42740

Request for Notice is a recorded request by anyone desiring written notice of the recording of a notice of default under a deed of trust; or the scheduling of a trustee's sale. Typically, the holder of a second deed of trust wants to know if the first goes into default, because then, obviously, their note may be in jeopardy also, and their trust deed is not in a first position.

Grammy, If you do a search on this board for 'request for notice' you'll find a lot of info. (see 26363 and 11444). Almost all do not require you to notarize. A few do. Read the posts and call your SS.

(Personally, this document annoys me as it can be so unclear, jmho)

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/6/05 6:13pm
Msg #42762

From my experience when there is a trust involved, the trustee fills in the top information which they usually fill in from the trust as it is drawn.
I am in CA, and I have had plenty of loans which involved a trust. Borrower would have a copy of the trust handy to fill in the blanks.
Not legal advice just sharing my experience.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.