Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Dee-FL on 6/18/05 10:41pm
Msg #45974

Service Link

Ooooo My Gooossshhh!!!! I will never ever ever accept another Service Link assignment. I can't believe the drama they put you through in order to complete a closing. Call this in, Fax these 28 pages back, Don't return the docs until we call you to say they look "okay" do this and don't do that. This was the most obnoxious signing I have ever done in my life. No amount of money is worth these appointments. Anyone else gone thru this????

Reply by FL Notary on 6/18/05 10:49pm
Msg #45978

Thought they all were like that. I have to jump through hoops for every assignment I get. The Borrower is alway mad at the LO and I never get a job that pays more than 75 + 25 for edocs. Any suggestions on how to get more?

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/18/05 10:54pm
Msg #45980

State YOUR fee---and learn to 'just say no' to low!

Reply by Dee-FL on 6/18/05 10:58pm
Msg #45983

All signing services are not like ServiceLink and whomever you're working for. I've worked for some who require you to do the signing and send back the docs. That's it! No fax backs, no separate returned docs. And, they pay well. Advertise yourself to as many SS as you can and read their Agreements.

P.S. Unless you like the hassle stay away from ServiceLink. I just don't have the time or patience to do everything that this company requests. I would have charged them an additional $125 if I knew all of the instructions they requested (4 full pages) needed to be completed at the end of the siging.

Reply by stamper_WI on 6/18/05 11:50pm
Msg #45987

I stopped working wioth them last year. they will not pay for the last one I did for them..with no expainations. So when they called me last time I told them to remove my name from their data base

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/19/05 6:18am
Msg #46001

You are sooooo right!!! I stopped working for them also. I had to fax back 30 pages late at night after a very long day. I dropped off the package without their "approval" as I had an early day and was going out of town. They called me the next morning and wanted to know where the fax was. They said they never recieved it and could I re-fax it. I said no!, I was not home and I had dropped the package off. She said"You What???" and hung up on me, then she kept calling my cell phone and I would recognize the caller ID and I would not answer her. She left me many voice mails and I would not call her back. They never paid me for this signing. I called to have my name taken off the database.

Reply by anonymous on 6/19/05 8:47am
Msg #46007

Re: Service Link-To Dee

Thanks for the tip, I will certainly stay away from them.

Reply by td on 6/20/05 10:17am
Msg #46124

I've stopped working for them also - too much work for too little money!

Reply by Dee-FL on 6/20/05 10:25am
Msg #46127

I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only one who believes there is too much work required to do signings for ServiceLink. It's so not worth the pay no matter how much your fee is. I'm definitely asking to be removed from their database.

Reply by FM/Indy on 6/20/05 11:12am
Msg #46142

Re: Service Link sucks!

YES! I did and they REALLY suck! I vowed NEVER to work for them again with all the HASSLES they put you through. I did 25 pages of faxbacks, and I didn't even charge EXTRA for them because I wasn't EXPECTING that many!!!! I hope they paid you well. They are RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Reply by Carol/KY on 6/20/05 11:27pm
Msg #46367

I had the same thought you did about Service Link when I first signed for them. It seems they only do this "fear" factor behavior on Countrywide closings and not any others. The only time I have to fax and wait is when it is Countrywide and since Service Link has always told me who the lender was-I can choose to not be available for the Countrywide shenanigans, but I freely except the others and the closings are pretty easy.

Reply by Dee-FL on 6/21/05 7:22am
Msg #46420

What's unusual about the "fear" factor Countrywide signings is I do Countrywide signings for another title company. They are my favorite signings. All I do is notarize the docs and send them back. Nothing else. So, why is Service Link so scared of Countrywide signings???

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.