Notary Rotary
Settlement Corp. / TitleServ
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by NJNOTARYSERV on 6/23/05 1:30pm
Msg #47158

ANyone ever heard of settlement corp/ titleserv based out of new york? How are they with the pay etc.? anyone ever had a hard time getting paid from them?

Thanks in advance!

Reply by jb/CA on 6/23/05 2:28pm
Msg #47175

I only have done one closing for them, it was last year. They paid me my fee and it came in about 3 weeks time, if I remember correctly. There has been a great deal on controversy on them, that they may be connected with Siriani but they told me they were in no way connected. If they would have called me again I would have taken another signing from them.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/23/05 5:29pm
Msg #47229

I've been doing closings for them for about 4 months. They pay once a month and each month I've gotten my check right around the 20th of the month. No problems whatsoever.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/23/05 9:14pm
Msg #47272

I too have been working with them for about 4 mos. They try to low ball you. I stick to my guns so they don't call as often as they used to. Only for emergency signings 4 a month or so. They are pretty big but they require you to fax back docs. Call when you get to the signing & when you are done. Call with a tracking#. I think they are more of a pain than anything. Everything I have done with them has been a refi so make sure negotiate your best deal!

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/23/05 9:21pm
Msg #47273

I haven't been lowballed at all. Their base fee is $75, which I think is more than fair. Most of my signings for them have been HELOCs or credit line increases. I've done a few refi which yeah, can be big since they want 3 or 4 copies of the deed of trust signed.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/23/05 9:59pm
Msg #47290

They will pay $75 but I have not had a single call from them where they haven't tried to get me to do it for $40. I always hold out and they have gone up Tuesday I said no. They said they would call me back if they could get supervisor approval & I guess someone else decided to work for less.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/24/05 5:22am
Msg #47382

wow, that's strange, they've ALWAYS offered me $75, and have gone higher with no questions. And I'm in Los Angeles, an area where they could easily find some chump to do it for $40.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.