Signing Agent - Getting started
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Kasey/PA on 6/28/05 11:22am
Msg #48455

Hello!

I am very interested in becoming a signing agent. I am already a notary and have taken a course to become certified. Now what? Do I just start advertising myself to area title companies?

If anyone could give me some advise, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/28/05 11:28am
Msg #48460

Search the Message Board

Hit the orange search button on the message board and you'll find a lot of information at your fingertips. People here can be harsh and discouraging. Read as many of the postings as you can and you will have a pretty good idea of how to proceed.

Marketing to your area title companies can be difficult. Many have notaries they have been using for years and it's difficult to get hooked up with them. Start with the Signing Services (SS as they are referred to in the postings), and start getting your experience.

If you know someone in the real estate business: realtor, escrow person, title person, mortgage broker, etc. see if you can get your foot in the door through one of them

Best wishes!

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 6/28/05 11:52am
Msg #48474

Read message 33325 (all of the thread). There is another one that Brenda/TX posted, but off hand I don't remember the number. Maybe she will send it to you. My recommendation is don't even apply to title companies before you have closed at least 100 loans. SS are much more forgiving and will work with new signing agents, Title companies do not have the time or staff to do any hand holding.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/28/05 10:30pm
Msg #48666

The other good messages for a novice to read are 44234, 44429 & 44653.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.