Notary Rotary
Test or dishonest SS?
Notary Discussion History

Test or dishonest SS?
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by MeganCA on 6/28/05 11:52am
Msg #48473

Test or dishonest SS?

Got a call yesterday from "Southern Cal Signing". Asked if I could do a job and back date it for Friday. I said "no" and they hung up. I have registered with a couple of new SS's lately, could this be a test of integrity? or a serious request for an illegal notary act? Thoughts....

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/28/05 11:56am
Msg #48477

Probably a serious request. They hung up promptly because they were frantically looking for someone who would indeed backdate and they weren't about to waste any additional time talking to you after you said no.

The only time I was asked to backdate the guy worded it "You're going to help us out on this, won't you." I asked what he was talking about and he said the signing date need to be massaged. Told him no, and that was it.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 6/28/05 11:56am
Msg #48478

I wondered how long it would be before someone would post for EOM back dating

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 6/28/05 12:18pm
Msg #48481

I had a great request today.... a TC called and asked if I would back date to the 25th of June. and go right into an explanation "it's just that the wife was in the Dominican Republic on vacation and they had to send the paperwork to her to sign and we need only her husband's signature notarized so techically the paperwork was signed on the 25th in the Dominican Republic so it would be fine for me to just notarize with the date of the 25th in New Jersey. they would have snet it over sooner but the yonly just got the paperwork back today"

What! are they kidding?!? - I understand that with airplanes lots of things are possible but for this to have happened LEGALLY the wife would have to appear before a notary in the Dominican Republic, the paperwork would then have to be hand delivered to the husband same day and I would have had to meet with him at some point....

Right!!!!

Reply by DellaCa on 6/28/05 1:02pm
Msg #48497

Happened to me AGAIN last night,he left the message on my cell phone HUMMMM I guess I could use blackmail on him , since its recorded.jk

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/28/05 3:39pm
Msg #48544

Blackmail? What they're doing is ILLEGAL. You'd be well within your rights to report them to the SOS with that as proof. Some might say you even have an obligation to do so.

Reply by Tulsa_prlgl on 6/28/05 6:36pm
Msg #48601

I actually had a package that was supposed to go to the borrowers go undelivered in a town an hour away. I of course found this out as I walked into the borrowers house! They had just got off of work and noticed there was not a package. So, I made the call to the Loan Officer. The LO was awesome! He got on another line, tracked the package. got back on the line with me and said that it would be delivered later that evening and to just come back the next morning. He also specifcally requested that I NOT backdate. The next morning he calls at 8:00 am to tell me that fedex still had not delivered the package and that he had the documents(correctly dated!) to email me! He then contacted the SS and got me a sweet raise in my fee. I almost drove to Kansas City to hug him.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.