Things to do when posters are rude...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 6/5/05 9:37am
Msg #42462

You can...

- Run away and let them ruin your dreams and put you out of business. [ In my jaded way of seeing things, I'd be suspect of this business if there was too much sugar spread around...I am suspicious of anyone telling me how great something is all the time and never revealing more realisting statements...i.e....Amway will tell you how great the opportunity is...nothing but blue skies there. ]

- Whine to the rest of the world that posters hurt your feelings. No one can hurt your feelings unless you give them permission.

- Ignore it.

- Answer "Yeah, whatever Mr. Funnyman."

- Ask another question.

- Ask yourself if you are tough enough for this job because if you don't like the rudeness on the board, you are in for a shock...see, sometimes at EOM, people are just exceedingly rude in the real world because they are working butts to elbows to get the work out.

- Realize if you show that it bothers you, you'll keep getting it - those which show weakness don't get respect and often become targets of those who don't feel respected themselves...crap rolls down hill. Just ignore it and keep moving.

-Realize that Harry can only do so much about the forum. This is a free service.

- Realize some people were born jackasses. That's true for all types of forums/businesses...not just the NSA forums/business.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 6/5/05 9:51am
Msg #42463

Hmmm. are you going to be like this all day?? Darn it, I cant think of anything rude to say to you.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/5/05 10:01am
Msg #42467

Well, bring it, Lawrence...

Because I am about done for the day (:>) I have been so busy lately that I have a lot of words to catch up on.

Plus...Just avoiding housework...going to buy groceries, etc.

Smiley

Reply by LawrenceOK on 6/5/05 10:13am
Msg #42472

Re: Well, bring it, Lawrence...

"House Work", whats that? "groceries" is that the stuff thats suppose to be in cuboards and freezer's. I have a small path to the office, and come to think of it, I have'nt seen the kid in a week. I know she's here someplace. Guess I better clean house and find her.

Reply by missy_socal on 6/5/05 10:14am
Msg #42474

Brenda: "Plus...Just avoiding housework...going to buy groceries, etc"

You and me both. I hate going to the market on the weekends! I like free sailing, instead of bumping elbows next to the cornflakes.

Just as an observation, from my own experience:

Despite all the talk about the overriding rudeness of these boards, despite the extra hours newcomers have logged with their therapists, and all the tears shed over the alleged brutality of the notaryrotary message boards...I have never been treated rudely in all these months of reading and posting. Well, with the exception of 'Sam I Am' suggesting that there was something wrong with my God-given Southern California right for not wanting to snuggle up to my neighbors. ;-)

Even the supposed 'Meanies' of the board aren't really that mean. I often expect to hear a distant rimshot after half of Cali's posts.

This has the feel of an expose doesn't it? (wait, *I* am Deepthroat!)

Anyway, I don't think that my experience is all that unusual, really. I think that this board is populated by people with a genuine interest in what they do, and a desire to become better at it. They are almost unfailingly helpful, and pretty funny about it most of the time....because sometimes, you just gotta laugh.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/5/05 10:16am
Msg #42476

Re: Well, bring it, Lawrence...Deepthroat:

Cali and Hugh have both helped me. Don't let that get out. (;>)

Reply by HisHughness on 6/5/05 12:11pm
Msg #42492

Missy_socal effervesces:

***I have never been treated rudely in all these months of reading and posting.***

I'm sorry, missy. Obviously, I have not been doing my job. How's this:

You're such a Southern California flake, they ought to turn you into a beakfast cereal!

You're not a signing agent, you're a signing angst!

You may be a Li'l Missy, but even John Wayne would have shot you.

I apologize: That's the best I could do on short notice.

Reply by missy_socal on 6/5/05 5:16pm
Msg #42540

HisHughness garumps:

**You're such a Southern California flake, they ought to turn you into a breakfast cereal!**

Oh, now....I KNOW that you could better than the old So Cal Nuts and Flakes! I'm disappointed!

I don't know that I've ever effervescessed (is that a word?) a day in my life, but certainly not today after battling Hell On Earth (aka LAX). I swear there should be some sort of medal awarded to those that manage to escape that airport unscathed.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/5/05 11:45am
Msg #42487

Brenda - Don't avoid Housework - get rid of it!

Open a new file in your PC.
Name it "Housework."
Send it to the RECYCLE BIN.
Empty the RECYCLE BIN.
Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete housework permanently?"
Answer calmly, "Yes," and press the mouse button firmly....
All done. Feel better?

Reply by HisHughness on 6/5/05 12:17pm
Msg #42494

Re: Brenda - Don't avoid Housework - get rid of it!

Sylvia suggests getting rid of housework by creating a file on the PC, then deleting the file.

Will that work with estranged wives?

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/5/05 12:48pm
Msg #42498

Re: Brenda - Don't avoid Housework - get rid of it!

No. Sylvia cruelly taunted me with this, and then she laughed (Ah ha, ha and ha!!!) at my expense. I did just as she suggested and guess what...I still have to empty the dishwasher and swap the laundry from the washer to dryer. The fridge is still empty also.

Alas, Hugh...BTEW will still be there...just as my vacuum cleaner stands beckoning to me.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/5/05 2:11pm
Msg #42519

Brenda,
I don't know why we must continually apologize or make new threads if a person's feelings get hurt. We are all adults and not 4 year olds who must stand in the corner doing a time out.

The forum has lost many good/mean-spirited posters, and I rarely post any more -- simply because we've all got more to do than say we are sorry because someone can't handle the truth if it's not sugar coated.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/5/05 2:16pm
Msg #42521

For a "professional" forum, there are definitely an inordinate number of crybabies on this board. I often wonder how these people make it through day to day life after seeing the ridiculous things they get bent out of shape about in here.

Reply by Judith_VA on 6/5/05 6:47pm
Msg #42547

Bravo - well said! I once heard a speaker say, "Don't let someone else's opinion become you reality.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/5/05 6:56pm
Msg #42549

Thank you, Judith, that's my point...

It beats all I have ever seen that people get so bent out of shape about it.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 6/6/05 2:03am
Msg #42576

Re: Thank you, Judith, that's my point...

I have been reading this board for some time, and those I respect most are those who offer a professional answer without berating the one who asked. If you don't like rudeness, just skip the responses of those who must always preach about what an idiot you are. You know who they are.

Reply by Judith_VA on 6/6/05 10:42am
Msg #42623

CA-Jeanet, that's exactly what I do! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.