Notary Rotary
Title Co Fee
Notary Discussion History

Title Co Fee
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by DM_FL on 6/30/05 2:51pm
Msg #49095

Title Co Fee

Title Co called yesterday for an e-doc signing today that's 34 mi away. I did one on Tuesday with the same title company and charged $90--27 mi away. The package was 125 pages with 13 notarizations and a split package to boot. Needless to say, I decided to increase my fee whenever they offer a signing with that particular lender--Delta. This time I asked for the name of the lender. The scheduler told me Fidelity. I told him the fee was $100, and he agreed. Well, low and behold, here comes the confirmation with Delta as the lender. He lied to me. I shouldn't have been surprised, but it was so blatant. This package is also a split package of 124 pages which I have to print twice, and it has at total of 17 pages to be notarized with 2 borrowers on the loan. What would you charge for all future assignments from this title company? I'm headed out the door now for 2 back-to-back signings, so I'll respond to suggestions later. Thanks in advance.

Reply by janCA on 6/30/05 7:08pm
Msg #49158

I never do edocs for a title co. for less than $150 and to travel the 34 miles you are talking about it would begin at $175. I would say $90 for a title co. is much to low. Many signing services will even pay $100.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/30/05 7:55pm
Msg #49163

He did NOT lie to you...

Fidelity IS the lender AND they use Delta Funding & AES. Fidelity almost always is a split signing. It is AES that requires the HUGE amount of title affs. I DO charge extra for these.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 6/30/05 8:21pm
Msg #49169

Re: He did NOT lie to you...

Ok so I'm going to sound ignorant here, but I have to know. Maybe I do know, but I haven't heard the phrase "split signing" yet. Exactly what do you mean?

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/30/05 8:54pm
Msg #49177

Re: He did NOT lie to you...

loan docs & copy of recording docs go to lender and recording docs & junk docs go to title. Two pkgs sent back, one to lender, one to title.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.