Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
To the person in Denver or surrounding area ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 6/27/05 9:37am
Msg #48093

accepting low paying jobs -- YOU AREN'T HELPING YOURSELF or your local competition.

I received a call late Friday afternoon for a Saturday signing. This particular company is kind of straddling the fence when it comes to whether or not they are a good SS. They offered me an unacceptable "low" signing fee which I refused. After a back and forth discussion, it ended up that the package was actually a first and a second, which they quoted a fee of under $100 for both. When I told them what I would do the signings for, she said the usual "I'll have to get back with you." I told her that I was in the mountains and would lose cell reception in about 30 minutes. She said to call and listen to my messages in two hours to see if they were giving me the signing for my rate.

To the person who accepted these two signings for $90 - SHAME ON YOU!

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/27/05 10:22am
Msg #48103

Amen...I'm getting those type of calls also and someone else here in town is accepting those. It drives me nuts.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/27/05 10:35am
Msg #48107

Same in Northern Colorado...

1st and a 2nd Edoc and they wanted to give me $110.00. I said no, and quoted my fee which I thought was absolutely reasonable for that package! They said they were going to get back with me. Never heard from them again.

FASS wanted me to do an $85.00 piggyback in Wellington. I told them my fee which again I thought was reasonable-never heard from them again.

and I thought that SA were sparce here in Northern Colorado. I wonder if they're driving from the south and underbidding me?

Thanks alot collegues.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/27/05 10:46am
Msg #48112

Re: Same in Northern Colorado...

May I ask, what is a "piggyback?"

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/27/05 10:49am
Msg #48114

piggyback is a second loan included with the pkg

Reply by kellieco on 6/27/05 11:28am
Msg #48128

Re: mistake in Northeastern Colorado...

I did a really dumb thing on Friday. I accepted a first and second for 100.00. Boy was that a mistake. I now know why it makes you so mad for notaries to do that. I guess you live and learn.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/27/05 11:31am
Msg #48132

Kellie, where in CO are you? I'm in Northern CO. nt

Reply by kellieco on 6/27/05 11:33am
Msg #48134

Re: Kellie, where in CO are you? I'm in Northern CO. nt

Wiggins, It is 15 miles west of Fort Morgan

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/27/05 11:34am
Msg #48135

One of my best friends is from Wiggins! nt

Reply by kellieco on 6/27/05 11:36am
Msg #48136

Re: One of my best friends is from Wiggins! nt

What is her name?

Reply by kellieco on 6/27/05 11:40am
Msg #48138

Re: One of my best friends is from Wiggins! nt

I serve all of Northeastern Colorado. I do alot!!! of driving

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/27/05 3:02pm
Msg #48221

Know any of the Beauprex or Starks?nt

Reply by kellieco on 6/27/05 11:32am
Msg #48133

Re: mistake in Northeastern Colorado...

I e-mailed the SS and explained my mistake. They just emailed me back and said they would increase it to 175.00. There is still hope for the human race. LOL

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/27/05 12:08pm
Msg #48152

So, it is a 1st and 2nd?

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/27/05 1:30pm
Msg #48177

*I wonder if they're driving from the south and underbidding me?*

We're probably dealing with one person traveling the entire state for squat!

Reply by Lisa/CO on 6/27/05 12:23pm
Msg #48158

I agree! I turned down 3 Friday with low pay but had accepted two from my regulars that more than covered the 3 turned down.

Reply by Deb/CO on 6/27/05 12:48pm
Msg #48167

I think I got that call, too!!

I would bet money I got that same call! I told them my price, they were shocked and asked why so much. If it's the same one I got, they wanted it done within two hours and I was already on the road, meaning I would have to do the whole 'remote' thing for the docs. I was willing to do it for the price I charge on a edoc piggyback to a title company, but they were being stingey and haggling, so I let him know he'd be better off finding someone else. I'm glad I turned it away because I got another call for an appt that ended up being a better deal all the way around.

Taking low deals does nothing but cheapen our business, unless you're a terrible NSA. " Cheap" and 'Quality" are seldom terms you see together.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/27/05 1:26pm
Msg #48175

Re: I think I got that call, too!!

When I explained that I was in the mountains and was going to lose reception, her comment was "are you doing a signing in the mountains?" What difference did it matter *why* I was in the mountains?--the double they were price haggling over wasn't in the mountains!

*"Cheap" and "Quality" are seldom terms you see together.*

I have a sign in my office "Quality/Speed/Cost -- Choose Two"

Reply by Deb/CO on 6/27/05 3:11pm
Msg #48225

*I have a sign in my office "Quality/Speed/Cost -- Choose Two"*

Perfectly summed up!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/27/05 4:17pm
Msg #48237

As part of our "advertising" to title companies and lenders, we add the following graphic at the bottom of the flyer ... http://www.pawnotary.com/images/Good%20Fast%20Cheap.jpg

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 6/27/05 5:50pm
Msg #48256

Re: I think I got that call, too!!...I luv it PAW!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.