Notary Rotary
Today's Story: Borrower Gave Me a Copy of His Book
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 6/18/05 12:51am
Msg #45775

Drove over to a nice little resort area on Lake Conroe today for a RevMort.

Bwr was 85 and sharp and a tack. His wife was 82. She was sharp, too. They were pretty serious and quiet during signing...their LO was there to do the talking...I shuffled papers and kept their spoiled rotten Greyhound calm. (Maybe Greyhound is not capilized...don't know ... but I digress... isn't that a newsflash? )

The dog was a sugar lump, but anxious - he had that shrill Greyhound bark which he employed everytime one of their grandchildren went into the bathroom...LO went to bathroom. Heh heh...it's a funny situation to see a dog barking at a bathroom door demanding that LO come out of the bathroom. Reminds me of an email fwd that Carolyn sent me about dogs thinking that you'll somehow disappedar through a second door they have never seen in the bathroom.

When we finished the signing, Mr. Bwr was so appreciative that I kept "Buddy" quiet as much as possible that he said "Wait. I am going to give you one of my books!" I am thinking that he's got a little stack of pamphlets for something he is promoting...but no, he comes back with a hardback book he wrote in the 70's/republished in the 80's while he was a court reporter for Harris County (Houston). He signed it for me and tomorrow I am going to call and thank him - this is priceless humor.

What a hoot! Smiley Transcript from court testimony or depositions:

Q: How fast were you going at the time of the accident?
A: Oh, I was only going after some olives.

(Author's note: "This to me is the most amazing response I ever recorded. What a fertile field for mental research her mind must be. I told the lawyer that I had hoped he would ascertain the types of olives she was going for because I was sure that there were different speeds for different olive types.")

----------------
Q: After the accident did you and Mr. Teterman have any conversation.
A: No, we just sat there and talked until the policeman came.

---------------

Q: May I see your driver's license?
A: No sir, I don't have it with me. I only keep it with me when I drive. It crowds my purse.

----------------
Q: Whereabouts was it?
A: Under the turtle hood.

(My side note...East Texas people sometimes call the car trunk "the turtle.")

------------------
Q: Do you have a driver's license?
A: No.
Q: How long has it been since you had a driver's license?
A: I don't remember.
Q: Have you EVER had a driver's license?
A: No.

------------------
Q: They had a fight. Beforehand, did he call her some harsh names?
A: Well, he called her a whore, but I don't reckon he called her any really harsh names.

===================
What a treasure to receive. I love it.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/18/05 1:00am
Msg #45777

Re: Love it!!!

I'm going to call my trunk a 'turtle' from now on.

I name my cars ... I call my Expedition 'Hercules' because he's all buffed out and can conquer any road... anywhere.

I can't wait to tell the bag-boys at the market... can you put it in Hercules's Turtle!!!!

Reply by Forest Sisemore on 6/18/05 1:28am
Msg #45787

Getting pulled over by the man $270. Having the last word - Priceless! Trust me I know from experience... Best one ever, got pulled over for speeding. Officer said " I've been waiting for you all day" Replied "Well I got here as fast as I could" He cracked up & let me go! Priceless! Don't forget it: posted here for your benefit...

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 6/18/05 10:48pm
Msg #45977

My hubby and I used to have matching Dogde Grand Caravans. Mine (metal flake blue) was our personal vehicle, his (silver) was his work van. We refered to them as The Silver Bullet and The Patriot. Then I traded in the van and got a dark charcoal Kia Spectra (car sips gas). Six months later my hubby was issued a new work van, a dark charcoal Chevy Uplander (picked by the company). So now we refer to them as Kingsford and The Brickette.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/19/05 12:39am
Msg #45994

My first vehicle was a 1969 Chevy Truck with big chrome side-pipes. They were the only cool thing on her! I called her Bitsy because she was held together by 'Bits of this' and 'Bits of that.'

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/18/05 11:15am
Msg #45833

(sigh) Brenda, Brenda, Brenda. You ...

... regale us with bon mots, then tease us by not giving us the title of the book. Oops! Then you'd be revealing the author's identity, with would fall under the heading "Unethical". Sorry. I guess we'll have to either be satisfied with the examples or do our own research.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 6/18/05 12:26pm
Msg #45843

Re: (sigh) Brenda, Brenda, Brenda. You ...

would love to find a copy too - sure would beat my latest read - "You - an Owners Manual".

Sigh...It used to be racy romance novels, now it's health books.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/18/05 12:35pm
Msg #45844

The book...anyone who wants to get the name...

I am going to call the bwr and his son later to thank them for the book - If you want to know the name of it, email me.

Right now nine copies on Amazon , and they sell for $20.00 - $50.00.

Bwr would probably love to sell them. I have thought of buying around five copies to give to some of my friends/family who would like them. Who knows...he may have 200 laying around in his back room. Smiley Bet he would sell them for $5 - $10 each.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 6/18/05 12:50pm
Msg #45848

email sent.........n/m

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/18/05 2:12pm
Msg #45864

Buy from the author! That's a great idea!

When you speak with him, would you please mention that you chatted with some fellow notaries and that they'd like to buy his book from him if he has copies to sell? I'd rather purchase anything from its creator than from a company....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.