Notary Rotary
Toner refill kit
Notary Discussion History

Toner refill kit
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCA on 6/24/05 11:25am
Msg #47453

Toner refill kit

I am ordering the toner refill kit this time instead of buying new ones. My question is for those that already use these, it says on the web site the cartridge will not tell you when it is low or empty, how do you handle this? Is there a way of monitoring the amount used?
TIA

Reply by db_IL on 6/24/05 12:35pm
Msg #47479

If your printer has light for toner level will work -n/m

Reply by Art_MD on 6/24/05 12:59pm
Msg #47484

Re: If your printer has light for toner level will work -n/m

you will start getting light streaks on your prints. If you shake the cartridge and the streaks dissappear, you have maybe 20 pages +/- that you can print until the cartridge is really empty.

Art

Reply by Victoria/FL on 6/24/05 1:13pm
Msg #47487

I've used about 4 refills, and do not get a warning what-so-ever. My printer just stops. If I shake the cartridge, I can usually get about another 20 copies out, but this doesn't really help because it seems to run out of toner when I'm printing a set of documents. It can be a hassle, especially if you're already running late to appointment (late e-docs), but the money saved is worth it.

Reply by DellaCa on 6/24/05 3:48pm
Msg #47526

Mine is HP 1320tn I don't think mine has a light to tell when its low, I do have the tool box but it will not help with the refill. Hummm maybe just try to keep some sort of page count? Thanks

Reply by me on 6/27/05 11:08pm
Msg #48362

The 3015 has a page count that you can print out.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/28/05 5:01am
Msg #48397

Re: Toner refill kit - 3015 me...

The other day I printed out a stack of two sets: 100 +/- each. First set looked great. Clip 'em. Wait for the second. Looks great - clip 'em. Right before I leave thumb through the second set and after after the first 10 pages, 1/2 of the page was blank.

Moral of the story - when you are using re-charges look at all the pages.

Brenda

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.