Notary Rotary
Totally MOBILE Notary
Notary Discussion History

Totally MOBILE Notary
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Sharon/CALIF on 6/11/05 5:09pm
Msg #43990

Totally MOBILE Notary

I'm considering taking my business MOBILE, I mean really Mobile. I am about to purchase a wireless lap top and other items I need to obtain loan documents from title companies or signing agencies all within my automoible. This would enable me to move from county to county and print out last minute requests for loan signings right out of my car and enable me to go directly from one signing assignment to another in the same county. Have you heard on anyone else doing this sort of thing? Any comments are welcome!

Reply by Joan-OH on 6/11/05 5:59pm
Msg #43994

I know of one guy here in Ohio and I'm going to look over his set up next month to see what it would take to do the same thing. Obviously it would not work in my Accord, but I will be replacing my vehicle in about a year and will buy with having a mobile office in mind - probably a small SUV.

Someone here from FL has her vehicle set up - Margaret maybe?

Joan-OH

Reply by Traci/MD on 6/11/05 7:05pm
Msg #44002

I have a second location set up about 50miles from my home. I wish I could print out document on the road. we are in the country. You will only find one kinkos to cover a hundrend mile radius.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/11/05 8:00pm
Msg #44007

I have a mobile set up with wireless laptop, All-IN-One Laser printer. I have a 3000 watts power inverter. This not only allows me to do loan signing on short notice, but I do inspections that are a rush and I am able to get the assignments on the road and I save a lot of time, gas, etc. without having to drive home. My home base city is 100 square miles. I also do three other counties. I got my power inverter on the internet because all the local places only carry up to 1,000 watts. My printer alone runs 970 watts. I had it installed at Sound Advice who specializes in installing stereo sound systems for autos. Here is link for the power inverter http://www.invertersrus.com/inv3000w240.html. My wireless internet for my laptop cost 19.99 a month through T-mobile because I have my cellphone with them. Verizon cost 79.99 a month and the wireless air card cost 99.99. MY air card cost 375.00.
So the cost of a laptop, printer, power inverter plus installation ($500) for a total cost of $3,000. I was able to pay off my credit card the next month with the income I have coming in.

Reply by Sharon Munday on 6/11/05 8:50pm
Msg #44014

Thanks for the information, that settles it I'm going to go ahead and purchase all I need. One question Margaret. Where online did you go to get the inverter?... I'm so excited about getting started in my mobile unit!.. Thanks for any and all comments!!!

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 6/11/05 9:51pm
Msg #44015

Sharon,
Margaret gave the website for the inverters in her last post.

Reply by Sharon Munday on 6/11/05 10:56pm
Msg #44023

Geez, you are right! I didn't even see that there I skimmed over the message to fast. Thanks!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/12/05 6:15am
Msg #44040

http://www.invertersrus.com/inv3000w240.html

Reply by Theri Hanks on 3/24/06 11:08pm
Msg #108456

Hello. What model Laser Printer do you use for your mobile office?

Reply by Sacnotary on 6/11/05 10:01pm
Msg #44016

There are several things to consider. Are there a lot of hot spots in the area you are serving and what is the cost for access? If you are using your cell phone as a modem you will suffer from greatly reduced connection speeds and therefore longer download times. This will also tie up your phone if you are called for a signing. You will also need a power converter that will support the printer and the PC. When you use a printer the power spikes approximately 40% when the documents first start printing. Therefore you will need to get a converter that can handle initial power spike. Power converters also generate heat and the larger ones has fans that expel the heat and make higher demands on the battery of your vehicle. Your printer will also generate heat. You must also find a secure way of keeping the printer from sliding around in the vehicle.

Reply by Sharon Munday on 6/11/05 10:58pm
Msg #44025

Thank you for your concern, but I have already looked into all the considerations and after much research and checking into resources none of these things you listed are a problem. But I certainly appreciate the concern you have exhibited!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/12/05 6:18am
Msg #44041

My wireless internet in an individual sim card that plugs into a air card on the side of my laptop. My cell phone is not part of this connection. Go to the t-mobile website and check it out.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/12/05 6:20am
Msg #44042

I have hook place in the back of my SUV and I have bungie cords around the printer to secure it. No problems

Reply by Spinnaker Closings, Inc. - TJ on 9/21/06 1:56pm
Msg #147508

Here in Michigan I've found 338 McDonald's restaurants that provide "wayport" wireless internet service for $2.95 per 2 hours. Been using this system with wireless laptop and HP 1320 laser printer (single tray, would like to upgrade) with a 750 watt inverter. Plan to up to a larger inverter and dual tray printer soon. I too use to use T-mobile hotspots but needed to lower the overhead for the months when I can't justify the cost of the subscription to this wireless internet service. Also, additional printer memory helps printer to keep up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.