Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Trans Union - Are they worth the trouble?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by John_NorCal on 6/4/05 1:32am
Msg #42253

Just looking at a lengthy application from Trans Union. First thing I notice is their fee of $46.00 as if they expect someone to accept that, then they have a space to enter an "exception" fee. Has anyone changed the $46.00 fee to whatever their base fee is? More importantly, did you get it??? Do they really expect to pay $46.00 for a signing???

Reply by Tess/ME on 6/4/05 7:25am
Msg #42260

I am paid more than $46.00 by TU and you have to negotiate just as you do with all of the SS.
The only "problem" I have had with them this year was getting paid on time back in February. They said there was a small problem in Accts. Payable but would check on it and when I was contacted back they said they needed "another W-9" but I was paid the next week. They are paying a bit slower than they used to also.

Reply by Sonkat/NJ on 6/4/05 7:59am
Msg #42265

I submitted an application to TransUnion, crossed out the $46 and entered the fee I expected. I never heard from them. Since I heard (like now) that others are getting paid more than $46, I called to inquire about me application. I was told since I expected more than $46 they did not enter my application in their data bank. I was very sorry I submitted than lenghthy application.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/4/05 9:20am
Msg #42275

I used to do a lot for Atlantic Closings (now merged with Trans Union), my base fee was $75 and I always got it. Then they merged with Trans Union and I was told it would make no difference to the fees. But then they sent out the e-mail that we had to accept $50 and $25 for edocs to work with them, and every time they called me I told them my base was $75. So, they went on to someone else. Then they reduced the fees by another $4. I still turned them down.
In July last year they started calling me again, and I have done several for them since then - at $75 base fee. I won't work for less.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/4/05 9:35am
Msg #42278

I did nine closings for them last year, at $75 to $100 each. Most of those were after they initiated that mickey mouse "investigation" that the signing agent had to pay for, and even after they said they would trim the SA's fee by $4. I refused to do either, and the closings kept coming. Apparently, they now have found someone in my area who will go along, because they have called me only twice this year, and one cancelled. They still agreed to the full $75 fee both times.

The last time was for a Chase employee on a HELOC. I was quite grateful that a document problem cancelled the signing. That was the most arrogant, officious, puffed-up individual I have had to deal with since I started doing this. It was so obvious that she figured she was dealing with only a notary public, and lowly creatures like notaries don't really deserve consideration from lofty creatures like her. At my point in life, I do not suffer fools, bitches or sons of bitches gladly, and the cancellation may have been the most fortunate thing that could have happened to me. I suspect, when I finally blew, I probably would have lost all my Chase business, which is substantial.

Reply by Susan/OH on 6/4/05 10:09am
Msg #42280

I don't get much from Trans Union but on the rare occasion that they call the fee has never been $46. I wouldn't do that even if it was next door. We as signing agents are worth much more then that.

Susan/OH

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/4/05 11:42am
Msg #42307

In 2004 I did a lot for them at title company fees. Always email docs. When they called in 2005 requesting a signing and asked my fee they were appalled. I told her that was always my fee and why was she shocked. She just said they wouldn't pay that. I don't know what happend and they haven't called since.

Reply by John_NorCal on 6/4/05 12:04pm
Msg #42312

Re: Trans Union - Thank you to all

I don't think I'll bother with their application. I will not work for a piddly $46.00. I'm with those of you who value their time and services. And being at that point in life as is Hugh, who needs the aggravation!

Reply by mm-fl on 6/4/05 10:00pm
Msg #42417

Re: Trans Union - Thank you to all

I did one not to long ago and got $125 for edoc and had to go back (their error) and they paid me another $75 ...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.