Notary Rotary
Vacation
Notary Discussion History

Vacation
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by hcampers/fl on 6/8/05 11:51am
Msg #43182

Vacation

What do most of you do when you know you won't be available? Leave a message on your phone or refer someone else?

Reply by ColleenCA on 6/8/05 12:01pm
Msg #43185

I plan on leaving a voice mail message with the length of time that I will be out. I have to do this anyway for my other business, so it will cover two birds with one stone.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 6/8/05 12:03pm
Msg #43187

I plan on sending emails to the companies I work for letting them know. I'd be afraid to leave a message on my voice mail because no one will be home and that would make it a target.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/8/05 1:59pm
Msg #43226

I don't specifically say "I'm not going to be home because I'm going to be on vacation" but instead I simply state that "I will be *unavailable* from such and such date to such and such date." As mentioned before this covers both businesses. I also do the same thing thing if I'm involved in a long-term secretarial project for one of my attorneys, so most people when they get this message simply know that I'm unavailable for whatever reason.

Reply by Judith_VA on 6/8/05 12:01pm
Msg #43186

Email the companies I work for that I will be out of town. Then you have a copy and they have a copy. I only refer to those people who I know will give superior service.

Reply by ColleenCA on 6/8/05 12:07pm
Msg #43188

Re: Vacation - Mary is correct

never leave a message that you are out of town, just leave a message with something like "I will be unavailable from xx to xx. Also, my office line is seperate from my home phone.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/8/05 12:32pm
Msg #43192

*I only refer to those people who I know will give superior service.*

Ditto that and add - only refer to NSAs who know their own worth and charge decent fees.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 6/8/05 12:18pm
Msg #43191

I email companies that I work with and I do get responses from some telling me to have a great time!

Reply by TN Notary on 6/8/05 2:17pm
Msg #43233

I always have left a message on my voicemail. For the companies that contact all the time I let them know when I am going to be gone.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/8/05 2:39pm
Msg #43248

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; one of best things I have done to build my business has been to network with other very good, professional Notaries in my area.

When I take time off I let my regulars know the length of time I will be gone and provide them with the names and phone numbers of the Notaries "covering" for me while I am away. This approach may not work for everyone, but it works great for me. I have two Notaries that I rely on and trust when I am away.

Thanks Sylvia & Anita, you gals are the best!

BTW - I think we're heading South for the 4th and West the 13th of next month. Just let me know when y'all are ready for vacation, okay.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/8/05 5:27pm
Msg #43318

Re: Vacation - Becca

Thanks Becca

I am out this weekend, going to Key Largo to perform a wedding.
Then 1st through 4th September we are going to Vegas, and 23rd October we are going on a 7 day cruise. So will be looking for you to cover me for those dates.

Reply by hcampers/fl on 6/8/05 8:27pm
Msg #43378

Re: Vacation - Becca

Hey those trips sound like alot more fun than mine. ;0(

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.