Notary Rotary
Victoria Ring's Response to her Advertising Ordeal with NNA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/20/05 6:54pm
Msg #46297

I would like to point out to the the many who advertised with her conference booklet. Not only were there MANY mistakes in it, from NOT putting info paid for at all in it, to serious typo's, to even Victoria making up her own ad/verbage with info people did NOT supply to her, BUT she stated in her newsletter that the NNA rejected letting her advertise her own ad and reprinted 1000 (of the 2000 booklets she SAID she made...who's to say she made the orther 1000) for her to hand out.

My question is....Don't you think that the people who paid for advertising (for 2000 booklets to be in), being promised that 2000 would be handed out and NOT getting that promised fullfilled on her end would be a breach of contract and she should have to pay back at least 50% of your money back???

I think we should all contact her in regards to that and ask for the refund.

Am I wrong?

Reply by AreYouKiddin on 6/20/05 10:23pm
Msg #46333

You are correct - we should all get what we paid for. I never looked at it that way – thank you anon for this email!

I don't think there were 2,000 notaries in attendance, and I know for a fact there were not enough vendors to be considered even a "baker's dozen" at the convention. I wonder who she ended up giving the promised 2,000 copies too????

I also paid for an ad in that booklet - thinking it would be a $$ making opportunity for myself - boy was I wrong!!

Don't you think VR should have received prior approval from the NNA for handing out her booklet at the conference BEFORE advertising it to all of us? Apparently, she took us to the cleaners by saying she was handing out 2,000 at the conference - for us to only learn AFTER the conference that she NEVER had that approval. Isn't that false advertising?

And I hear she is good at marketing...maybe that is code for stealing money from the working class!!

VR - I will never again listen to your words of wisdom or purchase anything from you - if I wanted to be lied to and taken to the cleaners, I would visit some ex-boyfriends!! At least I know what they are after….

Reply by Notary4U on 6/20/05 10:37pm
Msg #46340

Yes, I would say that would be some sort of fraudulant act. Not having prior consent to hand our something she advertised she would be handing out. Have notaries pay for advertising and not have proper approval to hand the 2000 booklets out, then negotiating 1000...I would think that would not be what I personally paid for. I personally paid for 2000 booklet listings. hmmmmm....anyone think they'd like to go in on some kind of "class" action?

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/20/05 11:09pm
Msg #46362

I don't have much use for VR's whole ball of wax.... but, before you go off half-cocked, you owe it to yourself to read what she said about the situation. It's available on her website. Whether it's truth or fantasy, I don't know. But--do your homework before 2000 notaries get all worked up.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/21/05 7:44pm
Msg #46629

Yes Lee...Like I was thinking...

Why would notaries advertise to a convention of notaries?

I never saw the point of that at all. Now...if someone wanted to create a good directory to hand out it would be one at a title company convention. Or, the mortgage bankers convention...but why a notary convention? I never have seen on the NNA's site where they had enough sponsors for their conventions to warrant advertising. It's more of a notary-to-notary thing as I have always understood it.

Reply by Careful with my money on 6/21/05 5:37pm
Msg #46604

Don't get involved with her...

That's just another reason to not go to her on her for anything. Her materials and advice are unreliable and not worth investing in at any price, in my personal opinion. There are many other sources of info and business promotion that are more worth pursuing. The only thing it seems you can learn from her is shameless self-promotion.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.