Notary Rotary
Well Im Erked
Notary Discussion History

Well Im Erked
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by SoCalMisty on 6/17/05 4:35pm
Msg #45627

Well Im Erked

So I go on and look at my email today and its my aol account which I dont use as often as my yahoo account so I hadnt checked it since yesterday and I find that I had an email to do a signing sent to me. I thought it was kind of funny because I would think they would call before sending me an email request but they didnt. Anyway it was 3 cities over from me and they wanted to pay a good fee but in the email it said that they needed the signing done yesterday. The email wasnt even sent to me until 1 am this morning. So I was confused. Thought maybe they might want someone for next Thursday and they screwed up the dates. So I called and talked to the lady there and she said "Oh Im sorry thats already been filled. Yea thats weird" (about the email being sent to me @ 1 am) Then she says "oh I forgot that the software on the computer I was on delays the emails. Im so sorry about that." Maaaaaan. Im erked. That sucks cuz she got my name off of one of the sites I pay to advertise on (such as this one of course) and no one ever called me! Doesn't that bite?

Reply by Tess/ME on 6/17/05 4:42pm
Msg #45630

Well, it's happened to me too and probably a lot more notaries. I received an email to do a closing that same day but didn't check my email from early morning until midday but I still replied only to learn I was too late. Their reply was that the email is sent to everyone in their data base that comes up within the requested area and the first to respond gets it if their price is right. So, unless you sit by your computer and stare at it all day long you may even miss a few more.

Reply by Forest on 6/17/05 4:46pm
Msg #45632

You got hosed!

It comes with the territory... You try to everything possible to get business & something like this happens. It's just like my old man used to say - Son, Sh!t happens so don't be stupid. Know somebody who works there & always bring plenty of beer... Or something like that. Good luck !

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 6/17/05 4:47pm
Msg #45634

Re: You got hosed!

And who is going to sit at their computer all day? We have work to do!

Reply by SoCalMisty on 6/17/05 4:54pm
Msg #45637

EXACTLY. lol. No but this wasnt an email that was sent to everyone in their database. Like how closeline or whatever that company is sends one out and you have to click a button replying as to whether or not you can do it. No this was meant specifically for me. What erks me worse is that she claimed that they do call first and she "assumes" (key word here) that they did. I have 2 cell phones and 2 other phone numbers that I post. No one ever called me. Its so easy to get ahold of me! SHEESH!

Reply by Joan-OH on 6/17/05 11:12pm
Msg #45750

Have your email sent to your cell as an instant message. Yahoo paid account has this feature. Whenever I get an email from one of those companies that email jobs, I am aware of the email and when I can't get to my computer to read the whole thing, I can call my hubby or one of my sisters to read it to me.

Joan-OH

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/17/05 5:09pm
Msg #45647

Last month my husband and I took a 3-day motorcycle trip. When I returned, the same thing happened to me. However, I only have the one e-mail address, except for a hot mail account that I never give out. This was a SS that I hadn't even registered with. As with you, it was not a mass e-mailing where the first person to respond would get the e-docs. This was specifically addressed to me and gave me all the particulars of the signing and even asked if it was okay to send the docs right away. I had my cell with me, and the SS never called in advance.

Reply by Melody on 6/17/05 9:13pm
Msg #45712

The good news is.....

If they are so flakey about arranging their appointments, just think how late your check would have been. If it had shown up.

Some SSs take months and tons of phone calls to get paid. Many offer high fees and then skip town owing everyone.

Skip the flakes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.