Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Western Coastal areas - Tsunami Warning!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by JanetK/CA on 6/14/05 10:32pm
Msg #44698

Basketball game on TV was just interrupted here by emergency broadcast issuing a tsunami warning for the western coastal areas as far north as Vancouver. (I didn't catch where it originated or where the earthquake was... going to turn on the radio!! Just heard it was just a 7.0 off coast of California near Crescent City. No evidence of actual tsunami yet.

Reply by anonymous on 6/14/05 10:36pm
Msg #44701

Thanks I have cable on, let me put a regular channel on.

Reply by Renee_CA on 6/14/05 11:48pm
Msg #44729

Tsunami warning cancelled; no reports of damageThe Associated Press
Updated: 12:25 a.m. ET June 15, 2005EUREKA, Calif. - A major earthquake struck about 80 miles off the coast of northern California on Tuesday night, briefly prompting a tsunami warning along the Pacific coast.

The 7.0-magnitude quake struck at about 7:50 p.m. southwest of the coastal community of Crescent City and 300 miles northwest of San Francisco, according to the U.S. Geological Survey Web site.

Witnesses felt buildings shaking along the California coast but there were no immediate reports of damage.

Reply by DonnanorthernCA on 6/15/05 12:22am
Msg #44742

That was the basketball game that Stevie Wonder was "watching"?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.