Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What is the most times you have revisited one borrower?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Mysti_FL on 6/3/05 11:03pm
Msg #42228

Here is one for the books! I visit the borrower at the appointed time. She takes one look at the HUD and calls it off for an incorrect HUD. I also, at this time, find out she is power of attorney for her husband.

Next night, I go back. The borrower and her son should be party to the loan and mortgage. Her husband should not but because it is Florida, I explain how he is "involved". Her husband's name (not really but for example) is Jose Gonzalez. Her son's name is Jose Gonzalez. So to differentiate, the son's name includes her maiden name, Guzman. Therefore, the son's name is written Jose Gonzalez-Guzman. So, on some documents they have typed Jose Gonzalez by Julie Gonzalez, Attorney in Fact. On others, just Jose Gonzalez. So, the son signs a bunch including the mortgage where it lists Jose Gonzalez, with the assumption that they are referring to him (he mostly uses the single last name for school ID, etc, although DL shows both last names without hyphen).

Next day, SS calls to say I signed all the docs wrong because of the POA and that I would have to go back out to correct. I advised her of the names and that she had better clarify with lender because they were not appearing correctly on the docs. She huffed and puffed but agreed to do so.

Sure enough, the next day, I again went out for signatures. When I get there, we find out that on all of the documents, including the mortgage, they typed the husband's name as the hyphenated Gonzalez-Guzman, as well as the son's. On everything but the Mortgage, I had Ms. Gonzalez cross out the excess "Guzman", initial and sign the correct version.

I've not been called again, but I think they will need to send the borrower a corrected mortgage, at least the first page, before this loan can be completed, right?

Anyway, considering that you see a borrower once, and maybe twice, three times seemed excessive!

Mysti

Reply by MimiCA on 6/4/05 12:13am
Msg #42240

twice, but only because they had to redraw docs as the appraisal came out too low.

On your situation - did you get compensated for the extra trip or did you even get paid for all you extra time spent?

Reply by JanetK/CA on 6/4/05 12:42am
Msg #42244

Wow - how frustrating! I hope they are paying you for those extra trips!

I have also been to one borrower's home three times, but fortunately for me, that was for three different refi's over a couple of years. (My personal record so far...) That kind of return trip I don't mind in the least! ;>) (Didn't hurt that they were nice people, too...)

Reply by Mysti_FL on 6/4/05 7:28am
Msg #42261

Well, it just happened, so I hope I will be paid!

I am being paid $60 for the first trip but he would not pay an additional amount for e-docs. Therefore, I had him add an additional e-docs charge to the second trip. Then, the third trip was at the regular amount. I am not complaining about the payment at all.

This was my second job with them and they paid me fine last time, so I should not have a problem getting with paid. I just felt bad for the borrower.

Mysti

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/4/05 7:37am
Msg #42263

The most visits I have done for the same 'loan', was four. Yes, it took the lender and title company that many tries to get it right. And I was paid for each and every visit.

The most visits I have done for the 'borrower', was three. I did the initial purchase on their first property, the initial purchase on their second property (the first being sold) and just recently did an add-on HELOC for their second property. And the funny thing about all that is that I was not specifically requested either. Just the luck of the draw that I did all three.

Reply by MimiCA on 6/4/05 10:28am
Msg #42284

That is really strange that you got all 3 loans for the same property. That's nearly unheard of.
You must live in a small rural area.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/4/05 12:55pm
Msg #42318

Actually, I do live in a "small rural area", but I cover over 4,000 sq. miles of the Greater Tampa Bay area. And, so do about 500 or more, other agents. The purchases were done through the local office of a national title company that I do a lot of purchases with. The HELOC was purely luck that I drew the assignment. (Actually, getting the purchases was luck too, since there are many closers, both in house and month end temps, like myself.)

Reply by Ted_MI on 6/4/05 6:26pm
Msg #42386

Re: PAW, for same loan, that's one more than my highest

Three or four months ago on "crunch day" I had a refinance in the morning. In the early afternoon, I get a call from the ss that the docs (well some of them; the ones with the numbers) had to be redone. So printed out more docs and went out there that evening. Then several days later, I was informed that the wife should have signed several documents. I believed they had been signed properly initially and vehemently disagreed. But I went out again and got those two docs resigned.

And yes, I was compensated for every single trip that I made. Made sure to negotiate those points beforehand (before making the trips).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.