Notary Rotary
What to do when....
Notary Discussion History

What to do when....
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/30/05 11:36pm
Msg #49230

What to do when....

hi. i did a closing today and it went well. i do have one question about notarizing the signature page of the DOT.

THe clsng was in MI but the property is in TN. THe doc says

STATE OF TENNESSEE ___________County ss:

Subscribed....blah blah...and then all the notary stuff that follows....

Do I just ignore the above since doc was not notarized and witnessed in TN. Does my stamp on the bottom suffice? Please advise. TIA!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/30/05 11:39pm
Msg #49235

Always, always make the corrections in the notarial block! Cross out with a single line, hand-print the correct info, initial (***just you, not the borrowers***), and complete the notarization as usual.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/30/05 11:40pm
Msg #49236

wouldn't you attached the proper wording for your state.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/30/05 11:44pm
Msg #49239

Yes, sorry. Of course you'd ...

... be sure the wording was correct for your state or attach a loose jurat. I was assuming that the wording was correct for your state. (And we all know what "assume" does.)

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/30/05 11:44pm
Msg #49240

I don't know what state you are in but as I am in Arizona... this is what I would HAVE to do with a Tennessee Acknowledgement... assuming that all the other wording besides the venue is OK for my state (look in your handbook if you don't know your state's rules on wording)... I would cross off Tennessee, write Arizona and initial it. In the blank space I would fill in the county that I was notarizing in.

Darlin' study up 'cause you gotta know this stuff!! Always good to ask questions though if unsure of something you did!

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/30/05 11:52pm
Msg #49244

So are you saying that...

you attached the proper acknowledgement and you don't know what to do with the blank notorial stuff for Tennessee? If you attached a loose cert... I would put a line across the Tennessee one and write "See Attached Acknowledgement". If you added something on the same page (as your message implies) then I would just put a line through it.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/1/05 10:33am
Msg #49324

Re: So are you saying that...

If this person is in Michigan, they need to go to

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1638---,00.html

and brush up on notarial procedures.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.