Notary Rotary
Would you go back?
Notary Discussion History

Would you go back?
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by MsRobboPA on 6/30/05 12:02pm
Msg #49044

Would you go back?

Ok, it started last Saturday 6/25. I'm scheduled for a refi and I call to confirm with the borrower. He states that he doesn't feel that he should have to sign over 100 docs (especially not on a Saturday). The last time he only had to sign 3!!! I call the signing company and tell them what's going on and they call the lender. I don't hear anything till Monday. The SS and borrower both call. SS says that if borrower wants to sign then change dates of RTC. Fine with me cause I'm charging extra for the agg!!! Call borrower and he wants his lawyer present for the closing!!! This went back and forth all week. Finally go to the closing on Wednesday, 6/29 and (you guessed it) he had a problem with the numbers. Well, I had a problem with him. By nature I'm not a nasty person but this guy scared me (he looked like someone that just walked out of the movie "The Passion of the Christ", 15 cats running around, 2 dogs and one kept stepping on my feet, the house smelled bad!!! and he had a friend there who just kept pacing around and going in and out of the house. Also the lawyer wasn't present cause he was on his way). Once again I call the SS and explain the problem with the numbers and he calls the lender....AND the borrower calls me again last night to reschedule the closing. I DON'T want to go back, would you?

Reply by anon. on 6/30/05 12:06pm
Msg #49045

Why don't you just say you're booked when they call.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/30/05 12:08pm
Msg #49047

"I'm sorry, I'm not available then." n/m

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 6/30/05 12:12pm
Msg #49048

If it is a question as you do not feel safe do not go call SS explain it is a safety issue . A signing is never worth anyones safety. If you have a male friend ask him to come along,or a husband, or a female friend.

Reply by Kim_NJ on 6/30/05 12:25pm
Msg #49054

If you are uncomfortable then don't go. Always go with your gut instinct!

Reply by hcampers/fl on 6/30/05 1:25pm
Msg #49077

It sounds like this guy is jerking everyone around. He knows that he is pulling the strings and wants all the attention.
I would not go back. End of it. Let someone else deal with this loser. Your time is to valuable to waste on someone like this. (not to mention he sounds nasty)
b.

Reply by Becky/KS on 6/30/05 1:52pm
Msg #49085

I wouldn't go back to the signing at his house. I would meet at a more decent place. If he has a problem with that, he can ask for a different notary but the SS should warn the new notary about the guy and his habitat!

Reply by MsRobboPA on 6/30/05 2:51pm
Msg #49094

I'm NOT going Back

Spoke with the SS today and told them that I am not available for any more closings today.

Reply by Woody on 6/30/05 7:14pm
Msg #49159

Re: I'm NOT going Back

Sounds like a signing taylor made for a $50 newbie! Good way to get experience... I'm not payin those dues & you don't have to either. Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.