Notary Rotary
? on how to list fees
Notary Discussion History

? on how to list fees
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by jjill_CA on 6/14/05 12:47pm
Msg #44546

? on how to list fees

I know we have to put in our journals the fees we are paid to do a notarization. But when doing a loan signing, do we put in the total fee we are paid, or just what the fee would be for the notarizations that we do? And what if you have more than one person signing (husband and wife)...do you list the fee in under both names? Doesn't that make it seem like you were paid twice as much?

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/14/05 12:54pm
Msg #44551

In the journal I list the notarization fee only and I do so for both signers. For example, if Mrs. Borrower had her name on 4 of my certificates & Mr. Borrower also had his name on 4 of my certificates - I'd list $40 on each journal entry.

If you got $150 for the signing, you could fill in that amount in one of their 'paid' boxes (in the MoJo) if you are inclined. I leave that box blank. This may or may not be the correct procedure, but it works for me. I use QuickBooks to track the actual payments.

Reply by jjill_CA on 6/14/05 1:01pm
Msg #44556

thanks

I've actually been listing the whole fee I get, with a notation in the notes box that states that was the total fee for the signing, including any other signers, if there were any.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/14/05 1:10pm
Msg #44561

Re: thanks

Are you using the Modern Journal sold on this sight?

Reply by jjill_CA on 6/15/05 11:13am
Msg #44812

YES...

Reply by Sam on 6/15/05 12:01pm
Msg #44831

Great - from what I've read it is much easier than the journals used back in the day. best of luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.