Notary Rotary
also new in CA
Notary Discussion History

also new in CA
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Wendy Filice on 6/22/05 5:50pm
Msg #46926

also new in CA

This is for Barbara L - I was reading your comment to Newbie & have a question. I hope no one gets angry at me for asking this--I try to check the forum often for info. I haven't done a signing yet; I noticed that you told her to sign up for national signing companies on notaryrotary. There are so many--how do you know how to do it & who to sign up with? Sorry for being a dum-dum new person.

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/22/05 6:00pm
Msg #46931

I'm not B but...

if you're referring to this website, the companies are rated under the signing services tab. Also, you can search companies here to find out the 'scoop'

Reply by Wendy Filice on 6/22/05 6:06pm
Msg #46933

Re: I'm not B but...

Yes, I am referring to this website & I see the signing services tab. Do I just go into each & send an email to them to sign up with them? I know this probably sounds basic, but just trying to find out. Willing to work hard--not trying to get anyone to give me something! Thanks.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 6/22/05 6:10pm
Msg #46934

You will not be able to access emails or websites unless you are a Premier Member and logged on.

Reply by Wendy Filice on 6/22/05 6:28pm
Msg #46941

I am a Premier Member, thanks. Just trying to find my way around!

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/22/05 6:11pm
Msg #46936

If you are a premier member the companies will be underlined, clicking on them will take you directly to their websites where you can sign up. If you aren't, just copy and paste them into your search bar and you should be able to find them that way. Make a copy of your commission, bond, W-9, etc...as they will request that you print out and fill out their contractor agreements and fax in all that applies to each company...good luck Smiley

Reply by Wendy Filice on 6/22/05 6:26pm
Msg #46940

Thank you so much Charm_Al!

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 6/22/05 6:11pm
Msg #46935

Re: also new in CA Wendy

You're not a dum-dum new person.

***If you become a Prwemier Member on this board for $39.00/year, you will be able to see much more information about each company that if you are not a Premier Member.
This extra information may help you with fax numbers of where to fax your informnation, email addresses, etc.

Since I became a Premier Member, the calls I receive for assignments have increased significantly.

Something to think about.
Good luck with your new endeavor and hang in there.

Reply by Wendy Filice on 6/22/05 6:47pm
Msg #46943

Thanks Stephanie--I REALLY appreciate your help & good wishes. I just signed up to be a Premier Member--so here I go!!

Reply by Deborah Emerson on 6/22/05 7:30pm
Msg #46947

I'm just curious, where in CA are you?

Reply by Wendy Filice on 6/22/05 8:44pm
Msg #46962

Deborah--in SO CA--Burbank. Are you in CA?

Reply by ladyinred29 on 6/23/05 8:49am
Msg #47085

Just a hint . . . keep a list of the companies you sign up with. You will soon lose track in your mind, since so many have similar names, and you will be tempted to sign up twice! I had a list that I kept in Word, and just kept adding to it. Good luck to you! It's hard work signing up with all of those companies.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 6/23/05 4:04pm
Msg #47207

San Francisco Bay Area here. n/m

Reply by Philem_OH on 6/23/05 8:24am
Msg #47072

More ideas

Wendy, you may want to consider setting up an EIN (Employeer Identification Number) and use THAT insteady of Social Security# when registering. Also, if they ask for a copy of your driver's license, simply black out the SS# and DL#; they have no business knowing that. I can firmly attest to the usefulness of being a member here. My first signing came from here, and therefore paid for the membership. :-)

Good luck, keep signing up with compaines (until you hit about 150-200), and study your notary handbook. Glad to see you, and NEVER be afraid to ask questions; just get some thick skin for those curmudgeons on here that sometimes lash out. :-)

-Jim

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.