Notary Rotary
back to the silly question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Donnanorthernca on 6/28/05 10:32pm
Msg #48668

If I were to run off several copies of a blank jurat, would I be able to use them, rather than ordering them from , say the NNA?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/28/05 10:40pm
Msg #48670

Sure! Why not, as long as ...

... they were consistent with your state's wording?r

There's nothing to say we can't make our own, using Micro$oft Word, for example. As long as we don't photocopy copyrighted material, such as the NNA's form, we're perfectly legal.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/28/05 10:59pm
Msg #48687

Re: Sure! Why not, as long as ...

You can try the ones at

http://notariesink.com/useful_forms.htm

Just check the wording 1st.

Reply by annon. on 6/29/05 1:10am
Msg #48707

SamIAm...Thanks for the link

Reply by Donnanorthernca on 6/29/05 1:21am
Msg #48708

wow thanks that is a cool site unfortunately, the jurat wording isn't what CA now requires.

Reply by ladyinred29 on 6/29/05 8:50am
Msg #48744

www.notaryclasses.com has the new jurats for California. The link is halfway down the page on the left. Hope this works for you!

Reply by Jenni on 6/29/05 12:02am
Msg #48702

The funny thing is, I've gotten photo copies of the NNA's ACK in lenders package.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 6/29/05 12:22am
Msg #48705

I called the Sec of State's office recently and asked if it is legal to create our own, and they stated that it was, as long as we do not add or take away from the actual notarial wording. I have created my own templates and like them so much better than the NNA or others I've seen online.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/29/05 8:14am
Msg #48734

I am sure those who sell forms for acks and jurats would prefer that we all believe we cannot make our own...however, if you have to, you can even handwrite the ack or jurat. At least in Texas, I certainly can.

Type up an ack and a jurat with your states wording and just use them as needed.

Sometimes, if I do an out of state package where I have to replace the certificates with my state's own, I type the bwr's name, my name, the venue, date, etc. and then I just sign it and place my stamp on it.

An alternative is to order stamps with jurat and ack wording on them.

Brenda

Reply by Dana/CA on 6/29/05 11:25am
Msg #48773

CA Jurat

Hi Donna, you can get the Jurat from the SOS's website @ www.ss.ca.gov and print out as many copies as you need.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 6/29/05 11:41am
Msg #48774

Re: CA Jurat

N.P. Handbook states that any acknoledgment taken within the State of California shall contain the specific wording for CA and I am sure you know what the wording is. My point is that whether you buy it from someone or make your own templates or make your own copies, it is all allowable.

I use my own templates to make copies of my own certificates, which I do like better than what I have seen on other sites.

Reply by Taxgirl_NY on 7/2/05 12:06pm
Msg #49561

Does anyone have a NY site. It seems that most of you are efrom Ca.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/2/05 12:18pm
Msg #49562

>>> Does anyone have a NY site. It seems that most of you are efrom Ca. <<<

A site for what? NY specific notary laws? If so, see http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lcns/lawbooks/notary.html

As far as most posters here being from CA, I don't necessarily agree. However, it does seem that the most vocal are from California, with one major Texception. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.