Notary Rotary
can anyone join?
Notary Discussion History

can anyone join?
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Donna on 6/9/05 2:50pm
Msg #43563

can anyone join?

Can anyone join in the conversations? In reading some of the posts, I see where some people seem to not want "newbies" in the mix. I saw this a week or so ago. I am only in the business 6 months but I occassionally see a conversation that I want to comment on.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 2:56pm
Msg #43566

This is an open forum for all to join in as they please. Don't let negative posters discourage you, ignore them. There are a lot of nice posters that make up for the negative ones.

Reply by Melody on 6/9/05 3:00pm
Msg #43567

We only request that you Search before....

Please perform a Search using the orange button before you ask a question.

We old meanies just get tired of answering basic notary questions over and over and over.

Yes, please post your comments, warnings, and helpful information. And you are welcome to ask questions after you have done a search.

Reply by Donna on 6/9/05 3:04pm
Msg #43570

Re: We only request that you Search before....

I have very few questions...I come from a family of signing agents now spread out in 4 states.

Reply by BLE/MD on 6/9/05 3:07pm
Msg #43574

I agree that some people are very "clique-ish" but it is an open forum. And not everyone who is new wants answers to tired and old questions...sometimes just want to be with a group of others in the field.

Reply by anonymous on 6/9/05 3:09pm
Msg #43575

wow, Melody, what a reply.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 3:12pm
Msg #43576

Well put BLE. As it reads above. "Use this forum to discuss notarial procedures, share experiences, ask quiestions of your peers ect.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/9/05 5:25pm
Msg #43611

***As it reads above. "Use this forum to discuss notarial procedures, share experiences, ask quiestions of your peers ect."***

Also, it states on new messages / starting a new thread:

Important Notice

If you are going to ask a QUESTION, please consider consulting the SEARCH feature before doing so. Many questions have been asked and answered repeatedly on this forum by expert notaries: Should I buy a laser printer? • What are e-docs? • What is a signing agent? • How much should I charge? • How do I get started? Answers to questions like these are just a few clicks away!

(capitals are mine)

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 3:19pm
Msg #43577

That sure helps I am sure to have other signing agents in the family. I only know other signing agents but have escrow officer and a lawyer in the family, that helped me a lot.

Reply by Donna on 6/9/05 3:23pm
Msg #43578

Yeah, that does help. We also have an attorney and we also have a relative in the loan industry. With all that, sometimes they just don't feel a notary's pain!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/9/05 5:45pm
Msg #43614

Donna - what state are you in? n/m

Reply by Merry_CA on 6/9/05 3:55pm
Msg #43592

**We old meanies just get tired of answering basic notary questions over and over and over.**

So... simple answer... the old meanies could just email, fax and chat on the phone to their heart's content with each other about how the NSA field is so overrun with new comers who they fear will become well educated and take their jobs away and let the rest of the posters help each other out!

Just the fact that a new comer to the forum, simply checking out some of the posts here, gets put off by the fear and anger expressed by a few oldies should be your clue.

I participate in two other professional forums that pertain to other businesses I am in and there is none of the name calling and selfishness with knowledge that exists here. Every so often I will come across someone from the other side of the country who I have communicated with on one of the forums. It's great to not have to worry about what I may have said to them or an attitude I may have copped just to puff mayself up.

I often wonder if some of you consider the smallness of this world and aren't concerned that you may meet face-to-face someday with someone that you have been nasty to here. Just a thought... karma you know! Smiley

Reply by BLE/MD on 6/9/05 4:01pm
Msg #43595

Yes, about a week or so ago, I tried to make another person see about "what goes around comes around." I think she saw my point. I don't think backstabbing and pettiness are acceptable social behavior anywhere, not just here. I try not to look at someone's attitude so much as what that attitude is really saying. Sometimes, being a listener is more important than being a finger pointer. Sometimes, just wearing a smile is better than spouting off.

Reply by Merry _CA on 6/9/05 4:55pm
Msg #43601

I couldn't agree more BLE! To answer Donna's question... this is an open forum... if new comers just keep coming, and the more seasoned NSA's who wish to be helpful to both the new comers and their more seasoned peers don't get discouraged, participation here could be a very positive experience.

Reply by anon on 6/9/05 8:59pm
Msg #43672

You know the old saying .. what goes around comes around back to you.
I have found if I am helpful to others when needed it always comes back to me when I am the one needing help..
some of you need to chill out and relax...):

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.