drafting a letter
Notary Discussion History

drafting a letter
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Maria Espinoza on 6/30/05 11:37pm
Msg #49231

drafting a letter

Ok. Here is the situation:

My brother-in-law's sister needs a letter drafted and notarized stating that she is giving her adult newphew permission to take her minor son from San Diego to Mexico.. I can't help but think of legalities if something goes wrong. I know the sister, but will it be a legal document for mexico?

I might be reading too much into it. (i useto work for an attorney)

what is your opionion?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/30/05 11:41pm
Msg #49237

Don't do it! Get the letter done by an attorney (or at the very least by a paralegal), then notarize it. Don't even think of drafting the letter. It's guarenteed to be Unauthorized Practice of Law.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/30/05 11:44pm
Msg #49241

thanks. That is what I was discussing with my husband. i love this post

Reply by anon on 7/1/05 12:17am
Msg #49249

There is a form titled Permission for Minor to Travel With Accompanying Adult, that you might be able to use and it does need to be notarized.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/1/05 12:19am
Msg #49251

where would I get this form. Is it a court form?

Reply by anon on 7/1/05 12:43am
Msg #49256

I have a copy of the Minor to Travel With Accompanying Adult form on a pdf file. If you want me to email you one. I'll need your email address

Reply by Anonymous on 7/1/05 12:32am
Msg #49252

thanks. I did a search and found the docuement.

Reply by ladyinred29 on 7/1/05 7:49am
Msg #49270

Would you mind sharing where you found the document? That would be a good one to have on hand. Thanks.

Reply by stamper_WI on 7/1/05 7:59am
Msg #49275

Both parents permission

My minor daughter recently traveled to Costa Rica with her Spanish club. The kids were required to have both parents permission. It didn't matter what any custody arrangements were in the case of divorce. In our case, her father is dead and we had to provided a certified death certificate...So be careful!

Reply by Dave_CA on 7/1/05 9:11am
Msg #49290

copy of form

I have this form as a PDF so if you email me I will send it to you. I just don't remember where I got it.
Just click on my profile for my email address.

Reply by C/IL on 7/2/05 11:12pm
Msg #49659

Re: copy of form

Child Travel Consent Form

http://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/consent/?pid=google-consnt_us-main_d

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.