Notary Rotary
false accusations
Notary Discussion History

false accusations
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by TN NOtary on 6/9/05 3:36pm
Msg #43582

false accusations

I just got a call from a SS I closed a loan for them a week ago. I was accused of advising the borrowers that the interest rate was to high and I referred her to thier loan officer. What really happened was the borrower called me and said she received a new settlement statement and she asked me if that was legal. I told her I didn't know she kept saying the interest rate was higher. I told her that she should call her loan officer immediately. I told her I did could not advise her even if I knew the answer.
She just lied on me. That was I get for being nice. I even felt bad because I couldn't help her and called her back and asked if she was able to reach her loan officer and resolve the difference.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 3:40pm
Msg #43584

I bet if you ever found out the truth the lender lied to title as to why the loan did not go through. Blame the notary is common as the notary is not present. I have heard of many instances.

Reply by TN Notary on 6/9/05 3:43pm
Msg #43586

I am sure glad the SS is on our side. She told them she would call me and get my side of the story since I have been doing signings for them for a while and never had any complaints about me. This just makes me sick to my stomach. :-(

Reply by ERNA_CA on 6/9/05 3:49pm
Msg #43587

I agree and I am glad the SS is on your side. I actualy received a call from a SS ones to tell me that the lender tried to blame me and that she went to bat with them.

Reply by TN Notary on 6/9/05 3:52pm
Msg #43588

Tuesday I got a compliment from a loan officer. Go figure! I guess you just got to do your job and take your chance on what happens after you leave the signing.

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/9/05 3:56pm
Msg #43593

I'm sure your reputation helped you out here. I haven't been accused of anything (yet) but there many different personalities out there and I'm sure one of Murphy's law will jump on me one day Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.