Notary Rotary
info needed from ss
Notary Discussion History

info needed from ss
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Paula/az on 6/26/05 2:03am
Msg #47887

info needed from ss

I know that you all have said that signing services may ask for w-9, copy of commission certificate etc but is it normal to ask for a copy of your notary stamp?? Seems odd to me?

Reply by Barry/FL on 6/26/05 2:13am
Msg #47888

Some do ask for it. I write VOID across the copy I send.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/26/05 7:56am
Msg #47900

Your notary seal should only be used to notarize documents.
I never send a copy of my seal to any company - even with the word VOID across it. I tell them a copy of my commission is the proof that I am a commissioned notary.

Reply by paula/az on 6/26/05 10:32am
Msg #47912

thanks for the replies. That is exactly what I thought but I thought if they are asking for it that may need more proof then my commission certificate.

Reply by Pete_NY on 6/26/05 11:48am
Msg #47920

This is good info that I didn't think about before. I think I will do this from now on, send only a copy of the commission and then if they have a problem with it, discuss it with them. Fortunately, I only sent a copy of my notary stamp to one SS, but I've already done over a 100 signings with them so I know they're okay.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 6/26/05 4:30pm
Msg #47980

In CA it is absolutely illegal to use your notary stamp for anything other than a notarial act. I always state that fact, and notate that my commission certificate contains all the needed information.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.