Notary Rotary
invoice question
Notary Discussion History

invoice question
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by calchape on 6/1/05 10:17am
Msg #41435

invoice question

I did my first loan signing last night and all went well. Question I have is the loan was signed at the borrowers home which was 35 miles away. Do I charge a travel fee and if so, how would I put in on the invoice. I charged $100 for the loan, but not sure if I need to add a line for travel expense. I was planning on adding 50 dollars. Help, have to turn in invoice this morning.

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/1/05 10:19am
Msg #41436

did you negoiate the $50 travel fee when you accepted $100 for the signing?
If you negotiated for a flat 150 then that's what you would invoice. If you settled thinking that you would 'add' your travel fee later, without discussing it, they may not buy it.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 6/1/05 10:22am
Msg #41438

Charm is right. In most cases you negotiate a flat fee which takes into consideration travel. Sounds like you may have negotiated a $100 fee and that is suppose to cover both the signing and your travel.

Reply by calchape on 6/1/05 10:24am
Msg #41440

you guys are awesome and thank you very much. Now I understand a little more what I am doing. I do the signings through a friend that is a LO, so I don't want to seem to greedy or try to take advantage of her. Again, thank you, be safe all

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/1/05 10:56am
Msg #41452

Proactive? read 33325 before your next signing n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.