Notary Rotary
last minute docs
Notary Discussion History

last minute docs
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by newbie too on 6/25/05 9:18am
Msg #47683

last minute docs

Love this profession but are all e doc's last minute? It is very stressfull trying to print doc's and get them ready with less that 10 minutes before I must leave. Is this common? Do any of you turn down a signing if you don't get doc's in timely manner? Just curious. Also, what is a standard fee for e doc's and the fee for over nite doc's. Just want to know if I am getting a fair deal. Thanks.

Reply by Marie LaFontaine on 6/25/05 10:49am
Msg #47702

When this happens I call the signing company to let them know I will be late. Then I call the signers and let them know also. I will not go to a signing without looking at the docs first!!!
You will get burned at the signing table when the docs aren't correct. The better companies are very understanding and try to have the docs to you a couple hours before. If a company isn't willing to work with you say no-thanks, chances are you won't get paid if your late or there are mistakes in the docs!!!! Notary Pro and Accusigning are two great companies to work for docs are usually on time, and there is a list of what should be there. Good luck

Reply by janCA on 6/25/05 11:36am
Msg #47714

Check out previous threads on Accusigning, Loomis, CA/nm

Reply by Anonymous on 6/25/05 12:11pm
Msg #47722

Accusigning, Loomis, CA

Not sure that 30+ pages of faxbacks would vault it onto my 'favored company' list...

Reply by hcampersFL on 6/25/05 2:42pm
Msg #47756

I'm new at this too.
What I have started doing is when I confirm with the BR's I tell them that I will be recieving the doc's and printing them myself. Sometimes they will be last minute because of the title company and that we may need to be flexible on the time. I ask if this is a problem. That way if they have some other appt. or have to be back at work etc. We can try and communicate this with the powers that be.
This seems to have helped to keep them from jumping down my throat when the signing takes place an hour late.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.