Notary Rotary
loose acknowledement
Notary Discussion History

loose acknowledement
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by jo on 6/30/05 10:03am
Msg #48997

loose acknowledement

I'm new to this - so if I have to use a loose cert. of ack. what do I do with the original document? Does the person sign the cert. and the document? Do I need to make any notes on the original? Please help thank you

Reply by Giselle Rodriguez on 6/30/05 11:18am
Msg #49022

The person signs the document only, not the certificate. You are the only one that writes and signs the certifcate.

If there is a certificate wording you can not use on a page where the person is signing, then you would line through it once and write see attached certificate. Then you would attach a loose certicate, fill it completely, sign, and place your seal. If your loose certificate has the optional information, then I would fill that too. Hope it helps.

I just saw a discussion above where people responded to this same question. I hope this helps.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.