Notary Rotary
non payment
Notary Discussion History

non payment
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenene on 6/4/05 12:00am
Msg #42236

non payment

Has anyone done any signings for ALDEN ENTERPRISES....from 4/1/05 to 6/3/05 ? If so have you had problems getting paid ?.....Have you been able to even get ahold of them in any way?Watch out !!! I see that someone has filed a complaint with the BBB in AZ for non payment.I will be doing the same as they have not paid me for 4 signings.

Reply by blgnv on 6/4/05 2:08am
Msg #42255

I also have 2 open invoices from Alden. So your plan is to file a complaint with the BBB? This is my first SS that has not paid me for my work, so I was wondering what the bestr procedure is. At least I know I am not alone...................

Reply by stamper_WI on 6/4/05 6:39am
Msg #42257

I ahve never done an Alden program, even when asked. A notary freind has twice had to make multiple calls to get paid on her nickle. Not worth the trouble

Reply by MimiCA on 6/4/05 10:25am
Msg #42283

My issue is not with Alden Enterprises for non-payment. Mine is with Stompen Stampers who has not paid me for 3 signings. They are located in Texas, so I guess I'll have to file a complaint with Texas BBB? Anyone?

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/4/05 11:08am
Msg #42290

Stompen Stampers

It burns me up when someone from Texas is not paying notaries. I spent a few minutes and a few cents to get the following info:

LAURIE HULBERT
Stompen Stampers
P.O. 1205
Helotes, TX 78023

PHONE - 210-690-0955
FAX - 775-822-4502
PHONE 866-595-0955

[e-mail address]

FROM TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE:

HULBERT,LAURIE ELIZABETH
License number xxxxxxxxx

As of Oct 11 2000 -

13382 GREENSTONE
SAN ANTONIO 78249

DOB: 10-11-XX

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/4/05 11:14am
Msg #42292

Stompen...more info...SBA loan

STOMPEN STAMPERS
SAN ANTONIO TX
sba.gov loan in the amount of $25000
Approval Date: 2004-10-19
Year: 2005
District office: 0681

http://www.sba.gov/loans/businessdetail/output/2005/bustx.html

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/4/05 11:49am
Msg #42308

Re: Stompen - moving pains

As I mentioned in another thread, Laurie is moving from TX to CA. This may account for the current disruption. I've done many for her over the years and she has always been prompt and aboveboard. I'm sure she'll take care of everyone.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/4/05 12:05pm
Msg #42313

Re: Stompen - moving pains - Roger...

That's good to hear Roger.

I am still getting those nice letters from the saintly Sister Rose who is the widow of a great diplomat in a foreign country. Seems her husband was slain in a massacre and they had no children. She needs me to support her in prayer ... and, oh yes, by turning over all my bank account information to her so I can help get her money out of that foreign country before the bad people get to it first. She's going to give me at least half of it. It's quite a stash...several million.

I suppose now the the ebolamonkeyman is going to have to take a religious turn.

Reply by MimiCA on 6/4/05 1:00pm
Msg #42319

Re: Stompen - moving pains

Glad to hear this Roger, but why did they just disconnect their phone without leaving a forwarding number or explain the move in a message on the answering machine instead of leaving everyone in a lurch?

Dietech informed me that they are "out of business" and informed nothing of the move. Dietech does alots of loans in CA.

All in all, I hope your right cause I did fine Laurie very helpful and pleasant to work with.

Reply by Jenene on 6/4/05 2:27pm
Msg #42338

I did a few signings for them when I had holes in my schedule in CA and they always paid, even tho they were slow to pay. I actually worked with the Title companies in my area, who kept me really busy and paid really well. I worked for Alden when I moved to WA just to help get my business started here. I am disappointed in not being paid and not really knowing which avenue to use to get paid. Thanks for your response.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/4/05 2:38pm
Msg #42344

Alden has a history -- and a well-earned one, as far as I am concerned -- of screwing with signing agents.

You are a business. One of the costs of doing business is any legal maneuvers necessary to cunduct your business. Unless actual fraud is involved, public agencies or public attorneys, such as a "labor board" or the state attorney general, are almost never charged with helping you with your problem.

I can't relate much to the concerns of the typical signing agent about collections, because when I threaten to sue someone, they know that the threat has some muscle behind it. However, I can tell you that if you are having difficulty collecting, a letter carries far more weight than a phone call. It has the additional advantage that you can say exactly what you wish to say without being distracted by the other party's comments. A certified letter carries even more clout.

There is one cautionary note. A letter that is poorly written and full of grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors usually does more harm than good. You basically have revealed yourself, by sending such a missive, not to be a serious person whom the other should party should worry about. I would suggest that, if you have deficiences in those areas, you have someone who is relatively literate assist you. The letter should note that the matter will be referred to your attorney if the matter is not resolved within XX days.

Reply by Jenene on 6/4/05 1:17pm
Msg #42320

Thanks for your response. My husband wrote this email and I actually have 10 outstanding invoices with them, not 4. I am planning on contact the Arizona BBB to file a complaint and also with the labor board. They owe me $400 and according to all the comments about them, it's not looking good to get paid. They changed their number and now their new number just rings and rings. I guess they used to be "Assured" then changed to Alden. Good luck w/ getting paid.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/4/05 1:30pm
Msg #42323

Jenene explains:

***My husband wrote this email and I actually have 10 outstanding invoices with them, not 4. I am planning on contact the Arizona BBB to file a complaint and also with the labor board. They owe me $400 and according to all the comments about them, it's not looking good to get paid.***

You have 10 invoices outstanding with Alden, and they owe you $400? I guess now we know who is doing the $40-45 closings.

You are an independent contractor, a businessperson. Why on earth would you think that the labor board, whatever that is, would be involved in your complaint?

Reply by Jenene on 6/4/05 2:18pm
Msg #42334

I did signings for them to fill in the holes, as you know, most companies don't pay only $40. They were good to me before, so when I moved to WA I did some signings with them, as I was just starting my business here. If the labor board won't get involved, do you have any suggestions? I have not been in this situation before. All the title companies, lenders and signing companies I have worked for in the past 4 1/2 years have always paid me. In CA, companies paid well, in WA it's a different story. It's not even booming up here like it is in CA. It's a much slower market here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.