Notary Rotary
pay
Notary Discussion History

pay
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by tnotary on 6/29/05 6:58pm
Msg #48884

pay

if there was a screw up on a signging and the signing agency has to send someone out to the client to have a paper resigned do you still get paid for the signing.

Reply by TN Notary on 6/29/05 7:12pm
Msg #48886

It depends who made the mistake. If it is the notary's error than no you must go back and correct it at your own expense.

Reply by tnotary on 6/29/05 7:19pm
Msg #48887

There were some papers faxed and I only recieved 1 out of 20. This wasn'yt including the standard loan docs. I offered to go and have the papers signed for free but the couple was out of town for the day. I offered to go over the next day to take care of it, but the loan company decided to fax the parework to the couple on vacation. I followedup to ake sure it was taken care of and offer my assistance in any way but the ss said the loan company sent it directly to the borrower.

Reply by Jenni on 6/29/05 7:51pm
Msg #48891

It could very well have been that the title company didn't fax it. Even thou they said they did.
They are probably docs that don't need notarizing. You will probably get paid.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/30/05 8:24am
Msg #48967

Re: fax headers

My fax machine prints a header - page "X" out of "X" pages. As long as they sent the 20 pages at one time, I would know if I only received 1 page that 20 that I didn't get them all.

Reply by sue on 6/29/05 8:44pm
Msg #48904

Sometimes, notaries have created such a mess they won't be allowed to correct their mistakes. I had to get a mortgage signed tonight that was messed up on Friday. The title company apparently also overnighted 27 other non-notarized docs to the borrowers to resign. I'm guessing the first notary wasn't asked to correct anything, even at her expense. As to her payment for Friday's 'signing' who knows.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.