Notary Rotary
screwed up Deed
Notary Discussion History

screwed up Deed
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Carole Wartella on 6/30/05 10:10pm
Msg #49204

screwed up Deed

I have had a lot of strange dealings in the last few days, but this one takes the cake. First, the trip to the signing was 30 miles more then I was told. (took the signing while driving) Where I lived and town or mailing address could be 30 miles square. Well to make a long story short, the Seller is there, the buyer is there, and I have a check for the seller, can't give it to hime the Deed is wrong. Seller doesn't want to turn over the keys, buyer doesn't want to sign. ( the end of the month gives me more gray hairs then my kids did)

Well after spending a hour on the phone with the title people and the mortgage people, the seller signs and agrees to let the buyer move in. The buyer signs and all is well right, Wrong! I now have to met the Seller sometime tomorrow with the new correct deed and turn over a check. I think I should be paid extra, what do you think?

Reply by NY Notary on 6/30/05 10:25pm
Msg #49211

Absolutely. I haven't had this situation but whenever I have had a situation when there was more work than original contracted for, I ask what the addtional fee will be (assumptive) and ask for a confirmation for the new work order/fee. If nothing else, you will know where you stand during this conversation. Good luck.

Reply by Jenni on 6/30/05 11:42pm
Msg #49238

You are going to notarize it, right? Sounds like a trip fee to me. Not a goof on your part. All the tc or ss and let them know there is a 2nd trip. If you are sending it to title and no ss involved add a second invoice. I had one, I made 4 trips on. I billed for everyone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.