Notary Rotary
what do i do now
Notary Discussion History

what do i do now
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Donnanorthernca on 6/25/05 5:42pm
Msg #47783

what do i do now

I am supposed to have a signing today where the borrower has the docs I havent been able to get the borrower to answer any of the 7 messages I have left for them.
I am supposed to have a signing tonight, and there is nothing but a ringing phone. I am supposed to have a signing tomorrow and no docs either all the companies are apparently closed what now?

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/25/05 5:46pm
Msg #47786

I would post the company names and ask if somebody has their after hours numbers. This helped me out in a similar situation last month.

Reply by donnanorthernca on 6/25/05 5:57pm
Msg #47789

Thanks that wouold be mortgage information services, lenders first choice and precision

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/25/05 6:47pm
Msg #47807

Re: I have Precision numbers

Emergency numbers for Precision Closings: Mike (714) 681-5424: Jason (714) 681-5491:
Stephanie (714) 681-5211

I posted a more noticeable plea for the other numbers. It helped for me.

Reply by CA Notary on 6/28/05 2:01pm
Msg #48513

Re: I have Precision numbers

Just an FYI: Mike has not been at Precision for a long time.

Reply by just me on 6/25/05 5:59pm
Msg #47790

Go to the appointment unless you have in writing that you will not be paid if no sign, I would go. Some borrowers do not answer the phone on purpose, then the minute your late or something they will call and make you feel bad, you know, "we had an appointment, blah blah blah" I would go to the signing, if they are not there leave a note on your card stating that you were there at your appointed time.

Reply by donnanorthernca on 6/25/05 6:02pm
Msg #47792

all I have is a phone number for one of them there is no confirmation, address or anything. I dont have a phone number for another oine and one of them is an excessive amount of edocs.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/25/05 6:07pm
Msg #47794

This is exactly why I do not do last minute signings for companies that I have not done work for when it is not month end crunch. I got calls from companies/signing companies I never heard of and I do a reverse lookup of their phone number and no company name comes up.

Reply by donnanorthernca on 6/25/05 6:23pm
Msg #47799

well first of all, these are companies I do work for and it is month end crunch time, but I still don't have information that I need nor am I able to contact the ones I have info for and it is really frustrating

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/25/05 7:02pm
Msg #47818

If you do have established relationships with these companies, then I'd say do go to the signings. Even if it's a no-show, they know you and should appreciate your professionalism and effort in going. On the other hand, if you just don't show, you may jeopardize the borrower's loan this late in the month, and that would very much tick off your companies. They expect you to show, even if you can't reach borrowers.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/25/05 7:16pm
Msg #47823

If you don't have an address and can't reach them by phone, there's really nothing you can do. If you left several messages there's really no reason to keep calling, they're obviously either not around to receive the messages or are deliberately ignoring them. If you weren't able to leave a message, I'd say try again every 3 hours or so to see if you can reach anyone. And after 3 or 4 tries I'd say give it a rest until tomorrow.

For the ones that you do have an address for, if there's a scheduled appointment time go to it. If there's no set appointment time then the above applies as well.

We should make every reasonable effort to contact the borrowers, but don't let it monopolize your whole day. If they're not being responsive to our efforts, then let the signing service deal with them on Monday.

Reply by BP_WV on 6/25/05 9:25pm
Msg #47844

I had a similar experience last saturday evening.. borrowers phone just rang and rang. I almost did not go, but I did. Well, come to find out, the title company had an incorrect telephone number for the borrowers. Glad I went... they were waiting for me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.