Notary Rotary
1ST & 2ND LOAN DOCS
Notary Discussion History

1ST & 2ND LOAN DOCS
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by JJ_CA on 3/30/05 6:32pm
Msg #28664

1ST & 2ND LOAN DOCS

JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW IF ANYONE MAKE AN ENTRY FOR EACH LOAN IN YOUR JOURNAL?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/30/05 6:34pm
Msg #28666

I just note." Two Loans " and number or notarizasions.

Reply by JJ_CA on 3/30/05 6:37pm
Msg #28668

YEAH, I THOUGHT SO. THAT IS WHAT I DID. I ONLY ASKED BECAUSE THE SIGNER SAID THAT HE HAD BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE AND THE OTHER NOTARY HAD HIM TO SIGN HER JOURNAL TWICE.

THX

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/30/05 7:17pm
Msg #28682

For Texas: Actually, I note every document. That's what Tx requires in case a Texas Notary happens across this post.

Reply by Stan_NoCA on 3/30/05 7:48pm
Msg #28692

California requires as much, if not more than Texas. I strongly suggest that California notaries review their Notary Handbook (provided by the Secretary of State) and re-read the section on "Notary Records". The notary journal is specifically addressed here in references from Section 8206(a) of the Government Code. If you are not maintaining your notary journal in accordance with this Section, then you are in violation of law and could have your commission revoked. Remember, if legal problems result from your omissions as a notary, you may be forced to forfeit your bond, repay your bonding company, and be sued for additional damages.
Its just not worth the time you save by taking these shortcuts.

Reply by MsRobbo on 3/30/05 8:32pm
Msg #28695

I would record that you signed two loans in your journal, but only have the borrowers sign once. Also record each doc notarized.

Reply by Hampton/CA on 3/30/05 9:41pm
Msg #28716

Your journal is a record of the documents that you notarize. There's no need to make reference to the fact that it was two loans, three loans, or even one loan, for that matter. You don't notarize a loan. You notarize documents that are within the loan package, and it's those documents that you list.

Record the name of each document notarized and indicate if it was by Ack or Jurat.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 3/30/05 10:32pm
Msg #28730

click on this site: http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/notary/notary_2005hdbk.pdf

It is the CA notary Handbook. Go to page 7 or click on Notary Public Records. It tells you specifically what to enter in your journal. You must enter each document that is notarized.

Reply by Melody on 3/31/05 12:49am
Msg #28767

Yep

The MoJo journal sold in the "Notary Supplies" tab on this website makes it easy. One line per signer.

Love my MoJo!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 3/31/05 11:22am
Msg #28832

Re: Yep

Melody in your MoJo wouldn't you use one line each for each set of loan documents. I just got a MoJo and it looks to me like that would be the best way to record it. I'm thinking this because in the case of a 1st and 2nd (I remember when we initially bought we used an 80/20) each have thier own set of documents and some of them were the same type of document in each individual packet.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 3/31/05 11:35am
Msg #28836

Re: Yep

"wouldn't you use one line each for each set of loan documents."

Sounds logical to me :-)
Do what works.

Love my MoJo too!
sure saves time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.