A&M Closings
Notary Discussion History

A&M Closings
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by BeccaWI on 3/4/05 7:53am
Msg #23585

A&M Closings

Hi!

Did anyone pay the $20.00 fee for A&M Closings and was it worth it? Thanks for any replies, have a happy friday!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/4/05 8:22am
Msg #23588

What fee????

I didn't know a fee was requested. I make it a personal rule that I ALWAYS "work for pay", not "pay for work." JMHO

Reply by BeccaWI on 3/4/05 8:59am
Msg #23594

Re: What fee????

I agree with that! To sign up for them they ask:

Download and complete the Notary Packet.

2. Mail completed notary packet and a $20.00 check for processing to:

A&M Closing Service
27001 La Paz Rd #418
Mission Viejo, Ca. 92691

Check payable to: A&M Closing Service

Reply by TN Notary on 3/4/05 11:10am
Msg #23603

Re: What fee????

I heard of that, but I wouldn't pay to do a signing.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/4/05 12:00pm
Msg #23615

Just my opinion Becca

But it is to THEIR advantage to have another qualified signing agnet in their database. You shouldn't have to pay a fee for providing information that has a direct benefit to them. I signed up with them some time ago, and was never asked for a fee. However I did recently run up against a similar situation with GAC and their policy regarding a background check for a specific lender. They called me and asked if I would like to pay 35.00 for a background check. My response was that I had already had a background check by the Dept of Justice through livescan in order to qualify for a State Commision. My position was that if that was not good enough for this lender, then exclude from this lender, or all together if they felt it nessecary. They continued to fax request for me to sign up, and eventually called and again asked me to sign up and once again I refused to pay. In response to this, they acknowledged that they had no one in some of the areas I serve, and that they would wave the fee, if I would submit to the check. I agreed and would guess that they checked me out, because I have done a loan or two for them since. Stick to your guns, if A&M needs someone in your area, they will call if you are in the National Databases. JMHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.