Notary Rotary
Ameriquest/Executive Signing Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Nicole on 3/10/05 8:38pm
Msg #24845

Has anyone had any experience and/or trouble with Executive Signing Services? I just came back from a last minute closing. The loan was with Ameriquest. After about 2 hours of sitting with the borrowers and listening to at least 9 phone calls with Ameriquest, the borrowers decided to cancel the closing and not go ahead with the loan. I asked them to call and tell loan officer that. I gathered my documents, got in my car and immediately called Executive Signing Services and told them that the borrowers canceled the loan. I told Executive that I still expected to be paid and the woman acted funny and said "I'll work on that". I was very firm and said, I'm not sure what you have to work on, but I expect to be paid. I was home for about 10 minutes and Ameriquest called me and wanted to know what happened, I explained again, and again said I expect to be paid for tonight and the person said "I'll see what I can do on my end".

Has anyone had this experience?

Thank you,

Nicole

Reply by janCA on 3/10/05 10:46pm
Msg #24869

With Executive and Ameriquest before you leave the borrowers' house you should always get in touch with the SS. Sometimes they can smooth things over, sometimes not, but you would more than likely get your full fee. Welcome to the wonderful world of Ameriquest. A good percentage of their signings are like this, at least from my experience.

Reply by Melody on 3/10/05 10:54pm
Msg #24871

Ameriquest + Executive = Double nightmare

Ameriquest is the worst lender I have ever worked for. I no longer work for them. Your experience is a common Ameriquest experience.

Executive is the third worst SS I ever worked for. Took 5 months of yelling to get paid. Never again. (First worst: Diana Bey - no pay. Second worst: American Document - shorted my check tho job was done perfect and loan funded.)

Get tough with Executive right away. Set deadlines. File a small claims court case if payment not received on deadline.

I no longer work for any SS. I've had it with low and slow pay.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/11/05 12:35am
Msg #24885

Re: Ameriquest + Executive = Double nightmare

I'm with you. I was doing Ameriquest signings through a signing service for months. After dealing with too many cancellations, refusals to sign, no shows, incompetent pushy loan reps, and edoc nightmares, I finally had enough. I told the signing service in January that I was sick of dealing with Ameriquest and that from now on all Ameriquest loans would be $50 higher than what was on my fee sheet.

Needless to say, they stopped sending me on Ameriquest signings. They did give me one a few weeks ago (and met my new fee) and it ended up being cancelled by the borrower who went with another company and had no idea Ameriquest was sending the docs out. Luckily I found this out when calling to confirm the appointment so I didn't have to make the trip. And it just emphasized my point to the signing service.

I hated to lose that much business, but it just got to the point where it was NOT worth it. And it's amazing how that one decision has made this job WAY less stressful for me. I'm having my best month ever right now and I don't feel half as stressed as I normally would with this much business. I had no idea that they were the sole source of so much of my stress until I got rid of them.

I did a few for Executive. I was one of the lucky ones. Yeah, I had to call for each of the 4 checks they sent me, but I never had to fight them about it, they mailed them right after I called. But the fact that I had to call to get each of them released, combined with what I saw about them on these boards was enough for me to tell them to take me out of their database.

Reply by Nicole on 3/11/05 6:36am
Msg #24893

Re: Ameriquest + Executive - what Fee do you charge?

I read some old posts last night that Ameriquest pays the highest fee and was just wondering what others charged Ameriquest. I told Executive last night when they called at 6:15 and wanted to know if I could do a closing at 7 pm with Edocs. I told them I don't do last minutes closings for less than $100. Executive sounded kinda funny when I said that - almost shocked. I know each state has different rates. I live in Maine. Just curious if I'm undercutting myself.

Reply by Vicki on 3/11/05 6:59am
Msg #24895

Email me and I'll discuss with you privately. [e-mail address]

Reply by janCA on 3/11/05 11:50am
Msg #24967

Yes, you undercut yourself, I hate to be the bearer (sp) of bad news. It's live and learn in the loan signing industry. I agree with Cali/notary I've never had a problem with Executive compensating me, I just have always had to call them first and they would overnight the check. One signing I had to travel to three times and the the borrowers finally decided not to go with Ameriquest. Executive still paid the full fee for each signing.

Reply by Nicole on 3/16/05 7:09am
Msg #25739

Re: Ameriquest + Executive - follow up question

When you have to go out to the borrowers house three times did you just charge the 1 flat original fee? I haven't had this happen to me yet, but always wondered if you had to go back to the borrowers house several times and it was nothing to do with the work you had performed do you charge for each visit? THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

P.S. What is the going rate when you deal with Executive and Ameriquest? As you know I said $100.00, but how far off am I? This closing wasn't worth the time -- I have about 4+ hours into it, plus travel, fax and printing.

Reply by Tess/ME on 3/12/05 9:07am
Msg #25100

Are you referring to Executive Signing Services or Executive Closing? They are 2 very different companies. lst is out of Texas, other one is out of Florida.

Reply by Nicole on 3/16/05 7:06am
Msg #25738

LOVE to hear from other MAINE notaries -- Executive Signing Services is the company that called me. How does the $100.00 that I charge compare to your fees? I always wonder why people don't like to answer these questions - see previous post/reply. I hope I'm not being too forward, but I just think it would be benificial for other notaries doing the same work in the same state to have an idea of what other people are charging. Just trying to figure out if I charged way too less -- too much - those things. There are a lot of posts from notaries in California, but I just have a feeling they are getting way more than we do here in Maine.

I sent an email to Executive and reminded them that although the borrowers canceled the closing, I still expected to be paid. I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for your input.

Reply by Becky on 4/16/05 3:26pm
Msg #32220

Executive Closing does not pay. It took one year to get payed from them for a lousy 60 closing late at night. Do not work for them. They acually called me again yesterday, but I will not take a closing from them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.